Attire & Accessories Forum
Options

Can't decide on wedding shoes

I am trying to figure out what style of shoes to wear for my wedding. I am getting married in October so I don't really want flip flops or anything that is "summery". I don't want heels because I want to be comfortable in my shoes and ones I can dance in for the reception without having to change. What are cute flats or wedding appropriate shoes that are still dressy/fallish?

Re: Can't decide on wedding shoes

• Options
    Maybe a small wedge heel? Or flats with some jewels on the toe? Check out dsw, 6pm.com, David's bridal. Even if you find simple flats you can clip on a jewel, brooch, or flower. Depending on the style of the wedding, some brides do cowboy boots or even cute sneakers.
  • Options
    Also check Zappos.com .

SRSLY, you have tons of options with dressy flats or low wedges.

Anniversary
  • Options

I got a cute pair of bedazzled flats from Target, they were nude and I love them because they were so comfortable and I still wear them after the wedding. My only regret is that I fell into pressure from family, BM & DH that I should wear something with a heel for the ceremony, so I bought a 2 inch heel shoe & could barley walk by time I got to the reception. I know it's not much of a heel but I wear flat shoes pretty every day. But once I put on my pretty flats after dinner, I was in heaven.

I agree with PP that get a pair you like & you can always dress them up with a shoe clip. I've seen some really cute shoe clips on etsy

• Options
    I got kitten heels (I think that's what they're called - about 3/4") at 6pm.com and LOVE them.  They often have fantastic sales (these ones are normally $70 and were on sale for $17).  
  • Options
    MollyandDMollyandD member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment Name Dropper
    edited January 2014
    I got some ballroom dance heels from a dance store near me. I love them, because they are pretty and still very easy to walk and dance in. If heels really aren't your thing, then you could wear some pretty flats, but I would try on some different options first just to see how you feel.
    Good luck! :)
  • Options
    I'm thinking about going with something like this, a simple jeweled sandal. 
  • Options
    Thanks y'all! I ordered mine from payless for $10 on clearance. I love them. They are grey with silver glitter on the end and a Bow tie on the glitter. Perfect!
  • Options
    I agree with the wedge suggestion.  I picked a wedge for my summer outdoor wedding at a horse farm so that I could stand in it comfortably all night, and so that a heel wouldn't sink into the grass.  They're a great compromise between pretty and comfortable that's more glam than flats.  I also feel like I have better posture in heels.

• Options
    I am going with ballet shoes.. not ballet flats, real ballet shoes.  I've decided to decorate them for kicks since you won't see them anyway.

I am now contemplating wearing red shoes for the ceremony, but only because I already own a pair that are the exact color of my BM dresses that I wore in another wedding as a BM. They aren't a wedge but have a nice block heal on them... they came from DB and it was an outdoor wedding on soft ground and they worked great but were comfortable enough I wore them all night and have worn them with some formal dresses since then.

Bottom line- both will be comfortable.  If your dress is long no one really sees your shoes anyway. If I didn't want the split sole ballet shoes I'd probably wear pretty satin bedroom slippers.. of the isotoner variety or something LOL
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards