Wisconsin
Options

Wedding Review

Mike Miller DJ - http://www.mikemillerdj.com/
Great job with keeping the party going!  Great MC!  Mike was professional, prompt, organized, and fun to work with.  We also loved his low price which includes dinner music. 

DIY Flowers - flowersandfreshness.com and fiftyflowers.com
We saved a bundle!  The flowers were dilivered on Thursday, we cut the stems and put them in water in a cool dark room.  On Friday morning (and into the afternoon) we made the centerpieces, bouts, bouquetts, and corsages.  My mom and I did a ton of research and a little practice, but it was well worth it.  I would totally do this again.

Monona Terrace
The food is OK (go to the taste test and eat everything you think you want, some stuff is awful and other dishes are very good), the price is a little high, but everything else was wonderful.  The venue is so beautiful (especially if you get a room over looking the water) and we recieved many compliments on it.  The staff was easy to work with, and the day of coordination was exceptional.  Monona Terrace also helpw you think of all the small details and takes care of most of the set-up/take-down. 

Mr&Mrs Photobooth
Awesome!  Everyone loved it!  We did not do the guest book this way - just the photos. 

Carl's Cakes
The best cake I have ever eaten.  Seriously.  It was beautiful and reasonably priced for a tiered cake (he does sheet cakes and cup cakes too). 

David's Bridal
Great to work with.  I liked trying on the dresses in my size.  They were very easy going and not pushy (let me just play with the veils, shoes, etc and take my time).  The BMs were able to all use a local store and try things on in their size.  Nice variety of dresses and loved the price tags too. 

123print.com
Very reasonable, elegant invitations that did not require extra postage.  They also do programs, etc. 

Carnival Cruises
We enjoyed our 7 day cruise to the western Caribbean.  The cruise hospitality was wonderful...  I recommend eating in the sit-down dining room.  The late dinner seating time gave us enough time at each port so we were not rushing back.  Excursions can be arranged through the boat and also at the port (for less $$$).  Drinks are not included and can add up very quickly (2 drinks per person per day = $200+)

Ultimate Salon and Spa
Everyone looked fabulous.  The stylists were friendly and helpful and all appointments were at the same time (awesome!). 

Pizza Hut - Mineral Point Road
Rehearsal Dinner.  They have a nice party room and allowed us to bring in an outside cake for no charge.  Easy to work with, and very affordable. 

Adam Tyksinski Photography - http://www.adamtphotography.com/
I haven't seen our pictures yet, but I was really comfortable with Adam and he helped the day go smoothly.  I saw him everywhere, so I'm sure he captured tons of happy moments.  I am also excited we get the digital rights :)

Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Wedding Review

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Thanks for the reviews! I was wondering if you had any contact information for Mr&Mrs Photobooth?
  • Options
    jkosinskijkosinski member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thank you for the reviews! I will be looking into the DJ now!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I am checking into the photographer! After you see the pictures you should follow up on here and let me (us!) know how pleased you are :) Or PM me!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Mr&Mrs Photobooth have a facebook page: http://www.facebook.com/#!/mrandmrsphotobooth .  The couple recently moved to Minneapolis, so I am not sure if they'd come back to Madison for a wedding w/o travel charges.  It would be worth asking. 

A ntoe about the DJ - he definitely seems a little kooky when you meet him - but that energy was perfect for keeping the party going.  He just loves being a DJ!

I can post an update about the pics when they come back :)

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011

My fiance and I went to a wedding in August and they had Mike Miller as their DJ as well. He did do a good job with keeping the music going and people on the dance floor. I will admit that when we first saw him we were worried because he did look a bit goofy but he was good. He danced right along with the music and made sure everyone had fun.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    ehathewa - I was curious, we are planning a mid-oct wedding reception in the Community Terrace room there. I thought you mentioned on a previous post that you had your reception in the same room, did you have much of a view of the lake once it got dark?  Our reception will start about 5:00,  which in Oct doesn't leave a whole lot of daylight and I'd like to enjoy the view as long as possible.
    Thanks for the helpful tips!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    It had a nice view until about 7 (Ocotber 16th).  I posted a more complete reply in the other thread. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards