Registry and Gift Forum

Where are you registered?

How many places are you registered to and which ones?

Re: Where are you registered?

• I registered at three (Macy's, Crate & Barrel and Bed Bath & Beyond).  For my shower only Macy's and Crate & Barrel went on the invite and I listed them on our website.

So far no one has bought anything off of our BBB registry and activity is heavier on Macy's (but that includes parents buying things off of it for Christmas).
    photo composite_14153800476219.jpg
  • We registered at 2 places (Macy's and BBB).  Macy's was the more popular option with my group.
  • I've registered at Crate & Barrel, Target and a local department store. No ones bought anything yet, we're still 4 months out. I will say Crate & Barrel is super easy to manage, Target and the local store are kinda bitches.

Anniversary
  • No where. I doubt anyone is going to throw me any showers (yay) and we are only inviting immediate family.

If all goes as planned we will receive 0 gifts (although hopefully many cards!).

If my mother makes me register, it will probably be at Williams Sonoma.
  • We're registered at BB&B and Target and have been very happy with both.
  • I am only registered at Macy's. We are only having 35 people at the wedding and there will be 12 people at my shower so it seemed silly to me to register at multiple places. Macy's had everything we wanted and a good rewards program so we went with them.
  • FI and I just set up our registries. We registered at Macys (which is more convenient for his family and most of our friends) and Belk (more convenient for my family). Most of the items we registered for are on the Macys registry.
  • JMalettasJMalettas member
    First Anniversary First Answer First Comment 5 Love Its
    edited January 2014
     My H and I registered at 2 different places. Sears & Home Outfitters. We had guests coming in from different cities, and those 2 stores are quite common in most cities in Canada. So it was a convenient choice in that way, for any guest to be able to have easy access to our registries. We were able to register for everything we needed/wanted, with no problems! :)

*J
  • We had 4: Macys, Williams Sonoma, Pottery Barn, and a local china shop.  We got married in my hometown, and a large number of our guests live there too.  The nearest Macy's, PB, and WS are 90 miles away.

It worked well for us.  Macy's was almost 100% bought out, PB was about 2/3 bought out, and WS and the china shop were both about half bought out.  We are in a large boxed-gift circle, and we invited over 300 people, so 4 registries wasn't overkill for us.  I also didn't put the china shop on our wedding website because it was really for locals only... and they all check that place regardless because it's "the" place you register in my hometown.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • We are registered at Macy's (this is the biggest one), Kohl's, and Amazon. I heard Kohl's could be glitchy but I have their credit card so it's worth it to me for the rewards.
  • We're BBB and Amazon. My shower is Saturday so the BBB will probably get even more traffic this week. About 10% of the stuff has been bought so far.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Thanks ladies! I am planning on registering at either Bloomingdales or Macys and either Williams and Sonoma or Crate and Barrel!
  • We registered at Amazon.
  • so far we are registered at macy's but we have a long way to go. we are considering doing anotherone at either BBB or Crate and Barrel (online only because there is no store in Puerto Rico)

• BBB & Sears
  • We did BBB and Target. I love everything we picked at BBB. Target not so much, most of their prices were actually higher then BBB. I also think their selection is limited.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • We did Crate & Barrel and Macy's.  They're both super easy to manage online, and it's very easy for our guests to purchase items online as well.  Also, the shower is in NJ so Macy's is the dominant department store in those parts.  Most of our friends in NC where we live (and where the wedding is) will probably go the C&B route.  They have Macy's here, but it's not the same as back home.
  • I registered at BBB and Kohls.  BBB was our bigger registry and while some people have complained about Kohls, I actually liked that one a lot and wish I registered for more there.  Seemed like a guest favorite too because I got pretty much everything from that registry.  They had a great bonus too-- we got 15% off anything anytime for 3 months after the wedding + got a percentage from everything bought on the registry.  It was nice getting the $100+ gift card 3 months after the wedding with our bonus to use on whatever we wanted in the store (and I had till the end of the year to use it).  Some frustrations with that registry were that it did not always get marked as "bought" even when people said they bought through the registry.  So I literally got 4 purple coffee pots between the shower and the wedding and other multiples as well.  Some gifts just even when you said it was on a registry and they scanned it, it just would not mark as "bought."  No worries though, I was able to return them and apply the credit to whatever in the store.

BBB was easy to use, but I wish you got a better bonus. The one time 20% off was a bummer.  But I liked there hassle free returns/ exchanges.

I was going to do Macys but the closest store to me was 2 hours away and since I was able to find things I liked at Kohls and BBB I just stuck with those two.

Anniversary
  • We are registered at Target and BBB. The wedding isn't until November (after pushing it back from June) and our registries are listed on our wedding website. The only things that have been purchased so far is a Kitchenaid that FI's dad bought, (he's hinted so I know) and when we decided we needed new sheets and matching bedding while Target was having a sale last week and somehow our sheets got a hole in the wash. So we just purchased the ones we were already registered for.

I feel that the BBB registry has been super easy in the store with a rep that walks around and helps you and online has been easy too. Target, a little more complicated as their items change with each season so I'm having to go through and find replacement items as the seasons change. 
  •      We are registering at Macy's and a few higher end baking things at Williams-Sonoma. I'm not sure I'll let anyone know about the Williams and Sonoma list though. I love high end bakeware and I love to bake, but afraid someone will side-eye it because their stuff costs a bit more than other places. I may switch that one to just a normal wish list so I keep track of things I want to get. 
  • Not registered yet, but I'm thinking of registering on Etsy, actually, I love all the nifty stuff on there and I love knowing any money spent is going towards either individual artists or small businesses.  I'm thinking if I do that I will also register at Macy's or Kohls so that guests can choose between online or in person shopping, I know some people aren't as ok with ordering online as others.  

• We registered at Pottery Barn, Macy's and Crate and Barrel. We participated in wedding registry events at Macy's and Crate and Barrel which were really fun! :)
  • We registered at BB&B and Crate and Barrel.   Have a little more on the BB&B registry and both have been very easy to manage online.
  • We have registered at BB&B, Macy's, and Amazon.  Macy's has a great rewards program and their website is so easy to use (I find BB&B's website frustratingly slow), HOWEVER, I have noticed that Macy's and BB&B carry a lot of the same items and BB&B's prices have consistently been much lower.  On big ticket items, BB&B's prices can be about 50-60% of what Macy's charges for the exact same brand-name item.  I know Macy's has more sales and great friends & family coupons, but their sale prices typically equal BB&B's everyday prices, and BB&B has those 20% off coupons as well.  I tend to be a bargain shopper in general, so I have found myself removing items from my Macy's registry and adding them to my BB&B registry instead (my shower is 3 months away and my registries have not been made public yet).  Now my Macy's registry is slowly withering away.  I know Macy's is a favorite store for guests to shop at, but I just feel wrong registering for items that are less expensive on my other registry.  Does this make sense?  Will my guests care as much as I do or am I being a little crazy?
  • @CnJ2014 Yes, that makes sense.  Will your guests care that much?  Probably not.  If they do care that much because they LOVE Macy's they may buy things there anyway even if they are on the BBB registry. 

I did the same thing.  First I made a list of things we wanted.  Then I priced them at the possible places we would register.  BBB was the best everyday pricing and I knew some people would like the 20% coupon option (and free gift wrap).  There were enough BBB locations close enough to shower guests, which is something to consider.  We also had a second registry (like you) to give some kind of choice.

I think shopping prices to set up a registry is a good plan because if you end up purchasing items that are not bought (possibly with gift cards that people may give you) then the lower pricing will matter to you.  This happened to us.  Because of my personal shopping preferences, I was much happier having BBB and Target gift cards to spend instead of Macy's or Kohl's.

• I am just registered at Macy's and I am so happy i did! I'm excited to see how much rewards we acquired after the wedding. It's wonderful that you can use your Macy's credit card on shoes, clothes etc. up until your wedding and 10% of that will go on a card for you after the wedding. I also love the brands and the quality.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • At first we only registered at BBB. Then about a week before my shower invites went out, Target sent me a letter that if I started a registry with them they'd give me a gift card. So we ended up having 2 BBB and Target.
  • We registered at Crate & Barrel, Pottery Barn, and Amazon. Oddly enough, our Amazon registry has gotten a lot of traffic - even the "universal" items which I didn't think anyone would figure out. My crowd likes Pottery Barn so I expect that will be the most popular for our showers coming up in a few months. My favorite registry is at C&B though - super easy to navigate and their customer service is the best. They also have great shipping rates. PB is outrageously expensive when it comes to shipping IMO. For example, any order over 200 they tack on a 20% shipping charge...that's a bit crazy to me.
  • I'm thinking Macys & Crate and barrel for sure but I found a place to register that's a little less typical, with places to pin items from all over the internet, you can link to current registries and even add a honeymoon fund! Seems like a one stop shop, not to mention it's easy for your guests to navigate all of your registries. Check out my blog for more details 
  • We registered at BBB, Bloomingdale's, and Amazon.  BBB has been most popular so far.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards