New Jersey

Park Ave, Jaehee, Bijou, East West Bridal Experiences?

So I have visited all but East West, and wanted to get an idea of others' experiences there - trials, fittings, alterations, price, etc. Anyone have significant experiences that others should worry about?

Re: Park Ave, Jaehee, Bijou, East West Bridal Experiences?

• For bridal gowns, I've only been to East West. I've gotten BM dresses from other places. My initial shopping experience was great; I worked with Jennifer. I found my dress on my first visit (Jennifer picked it out), but wasn't pressured to purchase it on that visit. I went back a second time with my mom, tried on my top 3 dresses again, and placed my order. My BMs, mother, and FMIL also ordered their dresses from their. Elyse (the owner) has been great to work with and always is happy to answer my questions. I have my first fitting in about 2 weeks.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • I had a similar experience there.  I went the first time with one of my BMs and found a dress I loved.  Went back two weeks later with my parents to purchase it.  I also got my BM dresses there (we must have tried on 30 dresses and spent 2+ hours).  Overall, things went great.  One of my BMs got dresses for her 9 bridesmaids there, and all the alterations were perfect. 

Only thing to point out, sometimes they can talk really fast and seem like they are rushing you.  I think it's just their personality.  Don't let it put you off, they answered all my questions and even let me try on my dress again during my BM fitting (and stare at it for like 45 minutes) because the rest of my friends had never seen it.  
  • I went to bijou and east west. Most importantly, I thought the selection at Bijou was way better. East West didn't have anything that really interested me, while I nearly purchased a dress at Bijou. I found the service at Bijou much better as well. The saleswoman listened to me and didn't bring me anything outside of my budget, I think the salesperson at East West was less attentive and interested. She seemed rushed and was running between the counter and my dressing room even though it wasn't a busy weekday afternoon. Bijou was also cleaner. East West had a big section of very discounted sample gowns which was cool, but they were all size 8-12, so didn't apply to me.

I ended up getting a dress from Arlene's in Bloomfield.
  • I went to Bijou & JaeHee for bridal, and Park Ave for BM. I liked my experience at all 3 places. JaeHee made you feel a little more "special" than Bijou, but Bijou had a nice selection of reasonable, beautiful gowns. Park Ave was good about BM dresses because you don't necessarily need an appt, and they didn't mind bring a large crowd. Good luck!
  • Thanks ladies! I visited East West yesterday, and while they had a large variety of dresses, nothing really stood out to me like they did at Bijou and Jaehee, and the service is just like PP said. I will be visiting I Do I Do next week for my last trip before the big purchase.. which leads to my next question: How long did yours/will yours take to come in? My wedding is in Sept and I'm a bit worried I should have ordered already!

• My wedding is also September! I purchased my dress from Bijou in July and it should be here by April. I don't know if it varies by store or by designer but my sales associate told me anywhere from 8-10 months.
  • ashhastingsashhastings member
    Name Dropper 5 Love Its First Comment First Anniversary
    edited January 2014
    I purchased my gown from Park Ave bridals based on a recommendation from someone who bought hers there 10 years ago!  It seemed to be a pretty busy place (in the front by the BM and MOB dresses), However, i felt relaxed and at ease in the bridal gown area.  I think i tried on about 20 dresses in one day and i did not feel rushed at all.  my dress has not come in yet, but the quote i got for alterations was very reasonable also (1 price for everything but the bustle and 'chicken cutlets'). Kathy helped me and she was great (and she handled my mom and FMIL very well also).  

Also worth noting--I was offered 15% off if i ordered my dress on the first day i was there.  However, i like to sit on things and think about them before being impulsive, so i waited a week and went back and purchased.  Something to consider if you are ready to buy and know what you like!

I ordered my dress at the end of December.  They told me it will come in mid-May...My wedding is June 13th....eeek!

My girls are getting their dresses at Bridals by Something Special in Wyckoff because i did not want them to have to travel far like i did.  The ladies are very nice there, and they have bridal gowns there as well

Good Luck!

EDITED to add timing
  • I DO I DO!! I just visited them and LOVED the ladies there. It's a bridal store only, so I'll have to go elsewhere for the other dresses. I'm going back next week because after sitting it I finally made my decision! It's worth the drive!
  • edited February 2014
    I purchased my dress from JaeHee Bridals.  I had gone there for my first trip out to try dresses, and there was absolutely no pressure. (They even reminded me that a trunk show was coming up for my ultimate designer, so told me to come back then to see even more styles and for a discount.) After visiting some other stores (Mark Ingram in NYC and Something Special in Wyckoff) I went back and purchased my dress (Marielle by Rivini)

Overall, they were great. I actually didn't need any alterations (I'm a standard off-the-rack size and 5'10", so it fit without touching it.) That was a relief. Dress arrived when they said it would, in perfect condition, etc.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers

image 293 (Adults) Invited
    image198 Yes (+ 12 children and 3 babies)
    image95 No
    image0 Unknown

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards