Wisconsin
Options

Milwaukee Caterers

Hi all!

Does anyone have good suggestions for caterers in Milwaukee?  I am working with a small budget and am interested possibly in "stations" which I hear is becoming more popular.  We are having a small wedding & our venue allows us to bring in whatever caterer that we want.  I am looking to only spend $25/person maximum.

Thank you all!

Re: Milwaukee Caterers

• Options
    edited December 2011
    You found a downtown venue?  If so, congrats!  I hear Chef Jack is pretty good for catering.  He's nice too.  I would've gone with him, but my venue does the food.

142 Ready To Celebrate! image

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    MissBNicoleMissBNicole member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We found one in Bayview that is perfect for us, yes, thank you!  I will look into the chef, thank you for that too!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Chef Jack has great food and Chef is a very nice man but....... 

If your venue doesn't have the tables necessary to display the food, they charge you to rent theirs. We werent made aware of this until 3 weeks before our wedding, forcing us to try to outsource tables or find an additional $600 in our budget. And, no, this was not in our contract when we signed it.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Chef Jack is EXCELLENT, but expensive.  We are using Skyline Catering.  They are custom caterers that will make a menu based on what YOU want.  It's great.  The food is excellent and the prices are definitely reasonable. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Try Irene's Catering. Deb Torres will work with you. I think Chef Jack is good as everyone said, but found that the prices were more outside of my budget. Hope that helps! And best wishes!
  • Options
    tjoschkotjoschko member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I was between Chef Jack and Irene's.  We are doing appetizers and stations and Irene's food was a bar above Jacks.  He is a great salesman though.
  • Options
    jberg134jberg134 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    MissNicole-Just curious, where in Bayview will you be?  We are also being married in Bayview!
    September 2011 Siggy Challange: Honeymoon!
    image 145 Made the cut!
    image 59 Are ready to celebrate! image 23 Are missing out! image 65 Don't know the meaning of RSVP!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Caterers are really busting my budget here. I'm having the hardest time finding one I can afford! Zilli's is good but expensive. Chef Jack's was also out my price range. It seems so hard to find a caterer for the budget-minded!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    TwoNixTwoNix member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Depending on how much you want your caterer to do, Outpost and Beans and Barley cater...great, fun food by companies with good ethics.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Try Zilli's Hospitality Group in Waukesha. I 've gone to several of their events and I just love their food. They surprise me everytime. I've tasted other caters before, but Zilli's well known and I trust them. They also cater my wedding and will work with your budget.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards