Ohio-Columbus
Options

Cheap and I mean CHEAP wedding and reception venues in Columbus?

I have been engaged for a year and I am just now in the beginning stages of planning. I don't want or even have a lot of money to dedicate to the big day, but still want to have a nice event because family will be in from out of town.

I don't have a date yet so I am just trying to figure of the costs of venues first and go from there. Anyone have any suggestions?

Please and thank you, I am desperate!
--Jenn

Re: Cheap and I mean CHEAP wedding and reception venues in Columbus?

• Options
    What does cheap mean to you? Like, are you looking less than $1000, less than $5000, etc? Inside, outside, rustic, etc? Are you willing to go outside of Columbus proper (I've heard of inexpensive places north of Delaware, but is that too far?) or do you need to stay in Columbus? I'm sure there are a lot of good suggestions, but some more info might be needed. 

Also, while trying to figure out the cost of venues, I'd have an estimated guest number so you know what to look out for if you have to use onsite catering or find a caterer. That might make a difference between an affordable venue that doesn't have an onsite caterer and one that does. We made a spread sheet that took into account everything, DJ, cake, food, venue, as a price per head based on what we'd have to go to outside vendors for. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited January 2014
    My sister used Clintonville Women's Club and it was really affordable and nice. They do the cake and food. You can bring your own alcohol. They have an outdoor location for the ceremony. 

Super duper cheap - have the wedding somewhere and then have a lunch reception at Schmidt's. Lunch buffet is $15 with room rental, tax AND gratuity all included. Alcohol is extra, but this is the cheapest option I know.

Shoelaces Catering (www.shoelacescatering.com) is super sheep is you find a location and can hire an outside caterer. The food is excellent and you can't beat the price. City park shelter houses are often cheap. I think the sanctuary in Gahanna isn't too bad.

Above all, set your budget and don't go into debt for one day of your life. It is an important day, but at the end of it you will be married and you can properly host your guests and have a lovely wedding without starting your life together in the hole :)

GL!
    :kiss: ~xoxo~ :kiss:

• Options
    We had our wedding and reception at the Makoy Center in Hilliard. To save money you might want to consider an afternoon wedding. It saved us tons, Makoy does not have a minimum in the afternoon only the room rental fee. We had around 60 guests with two appetizers for the cocktail hour, gold buffet for the meal and for the bar we paid for beer and wine ( this will save a lot as well) all of this was around 5000.00. Everyone loved the food and we had nothing but great comments about the day. The staff is amazing and very easy to work with as well.
  • Options
    Swim & Racquet club in UA is really nice and affordable.

$600 for the room. $200 for tables and chairs. Lots of indoor and outdoor space. No additional fees. Do your own food and alcohol. It's a beautiful space.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards