Pre-wedding Parties

Bachelorette Dress Idea

racheylynnracheylynn member
First Comment
edited January 2014 in Pre-wedding Parties

Black and gold dresses!

Re: Bachelorette Dress Idea

• I don't understand why everyone needs to wear black and gold. Why would they need to match a color "theme"?  Are you looking to have them match decorations or something? I just don't see the point. 

What did you think would happen if you walked up to a group of internet strangers and told them to get shoehorned by their lady doc?~StageManager14
  • Don't make your friends wear a certain color to you bach party.  That is just silly and pointless.  Will you all wearing certain colors make the night that much more fun?  Really?

• No matter how it was phrased, I'd roll my eyes at a request to wear specific colors. 
  • Don't do these. I've been to a couple dress-code bachelorette parties, and trust me, they are, and look, really eye-roll worthy. 

I doubt any of them will wear silver or white, if that's your concern.
  • I would not try to get everyone at your bachelorette party to dress the same.  Where is this party being held?  I also don't think that changing it to just black so people don't have to buy new dresses isn't cool either...do they have to wear dresses?  What if they want to wear some other kind of dressy outfit (cute shorts with heels and a pretty top, colored skinny jeans with heels, etc)?  Not everyone may want to wear a dress.
  • I don't think this will affect your bach. Party, beyond pissing off your friend who looks super hot in blue.

Anniversary
  • Hi,

For my bachelorette party in April, my MOH is wondering how to phrase on the invite that it is black and gold themed.  So she is thinking all the girls wear black and gold and I'll be wearing silver.

Help is appreciated.

We opened it up to black, so people wouldn't have to buy new dresses but we want everyone to follow for the theme so we all match and such.

Thanks,
    -Rach
    Why, though?  So you all can be an even bigger target for pervs and jerks trying to get you all drunk when you go out to the bars?

Your Bachlorette party doesn't need a theme or color coordination of the participants.  People should be free to wear whatever they want and just go out and have a good time with you.

What is up with posters on the site this week trying to control what everyone is wearing?!

"Love is the one thing we're capable of perceiving that transcends time and space."

• racheylynnracheylynn member
    First Comment
    edited January 2014
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards