Wedding Party
Options

Bridesmaid Gift

Hey all. I have five bridesmaid and am trying to think of gifts for them all. I've got ideas that I'm working to execute for four of them (one is in vet school and getting a nice lab coat with her name embroidered, another is a total foodie so I'm thinking of going to the specialty olive oil place in town and getting her home spa/pampering package, etc.) but I'm struggling on one bridesmaid...She is an orchestra teacher, recently engaged, likes to travel (we flew to Scotland from the US together for a trip to visit my old classmates), has four cats, and is very adventurous. You'd think this would be easy but I'm drawing a total blank...

Ideas? All suggestions are welcome so I can try to build off them.

Re: Bridesmaid Gift

• Options
    You should shop for them like it's a birthday present. Something they will enjoy and use, basically, would be a great gift. Not something they'll never wear/only wear once etc.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

• Options
    If she's a travel person and she's getting married soon, is there something you can do around her future honeymoon?  Maybe something for the trip, or something to help her plan the trip?  
  • Options
    Travel related gifts: charger for phone/iPod/whatever that doesn't need an outlet, luggage tag, passport cover-case, map of the world that you scratch off where you've been, travel journal, necklace with pendant in the shape of her home state
    Cat related: a picture of her cats on a phone case or something, Pusheen t-shirt, 
    Music related: tickets to an upcoming concert, piece of jewelry with music note/treble clef/bass clef.
  • Options
    Maybe a travel bag from coachfactory.com??? Depending on your budget of course. They have sales all the time, but I warn you, they email deals like crazy...like 4 times a day or more. They're kind of nuts.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker}
  • Options
    You should shop for them like it's a birthday present. Something they will enjoy and use, basically, would be a great gift. Not something they'll never wear/only wear once etc.

She clearly knows that, considering the things she listed are tailored for them individually. She is looking for ideas for the one she can't think of something for.
    What did you think would happen if you walked up to a group of internet strangers and told them to get shoehorned by their lady doc?~StageManager14
  • Options
    Manicure gift certificate that can be used whenever she wants (but may come in handy for her wedding).
  • Options
    lday998 said:

Hey all. I have five bridesmaid and am trying to think of gifts for them all. I've got ideas that I'm working to execute for four of them (one is in vet school and getting a nice lab coat with her name embroidered, another is a total foodie so I'm thinking of going to the specialty olive oil place in town and getting her home spa/pampering package, etc.) but I'm struggling on one bridesmaid...She is an orchestra teacher, recently engaged, likes to travel (we flew to Scotland from the US together for a trip to visit my old classmates), has four cats, and is very adventurous. You'd think this would be easy but I'm drawing a total blank...

Ideas? All suggestions are welcome so I can try to build off them.

All I have to say is that my FI is a vet student and would love the white coat! :) So I think that is a great gift

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I'm thinking you could make a travel kit and include things like a wet bikini bag, extra phone charger, her favorite snack, ear plugs, a sleep mask, maybe a nice passport carrier, iTunes/Amazon gift card to buy entertainment, (I'm just making this list of things I would love to get if I traveled a lot; she may already have them idk).
  • Options
    I also think a manicure gift certificate would be nice. I'm a teacher as well, and many if my teacher friends and I like cute thermoses or cups with lids that we can carry to work since we can't just leave our classrooms any time to get a drink.
  • Options
    doeydo said:
    Travel related gifts: charger for phone/iPod/whatever that doesn't need an outlet, luggage tag, passport cover-case, map of the world that you scratch off where you've been, travel journal, necklace with pendant in the shape of her home state
    Cat related: a picture of her cats on a phone case or something, Pusheen t-shirt, 
    Music related: tickets to an upcoming concert, piece of jewelry with music note/treble clef/bass clef.
    ^^If I had the means to travel a lot, I'd love this idea!
  • Options
    I love reading all of these ideas! 5 of my girls are from my hometown and 2 are from my current town so what I am doing is paying for a suite at the hotel the night before my wedding so we can all stay together. I am ordering breakfast to be delivered that morning while we are getting ready and also paying for manicure/pedicures together the day before. I know that the gifts aren't tangible but I am hoping they at least think it's thoughtful and it shows that I appreciate them standing beside me on my wedding day. 
  • Options
    kgigs009 said:
    I love reading all of these ideas! 5 of my girls are from my hometown and 2 are from my current town so what I am doing is paying for a suite at the hotel the night before my wedding so we can all stay together. I am ordering breakfast to be delivered that morning while we are getting ready and also paying for manicure/pedicures together the day before. I know that the gifts aren't tangible but I am hoping they at least think it's thoughtful and it shows that I appreciate them standing beside me on my wedding day. 
    Those aren't really gifts for them. They are gifts for you. You want your friends in one spot. You want to spend time with them at a spa. You want their nails done for the wedding.
    "There is always some madness in love. But there is also always some reason in madness." -Friedrich Nietzsche, "On Reading and Writing"
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards