Not Engaged Yet

FRIDAY!!!

2»

Re: FRIDAY!!!

• @lalalaurita Thanks!!! Pictures will definitely be posted ;) and happy early birthday!
    Anniversary

• edited January 2014
    Tomorrow is my birthday!!! We're going out in the city to Spin NYC, a ping pong bar (http://newyork.spingalactic.com/). They have decent cocktails and food, so we'll probably eat there too. I think about 4-6 friends are going to meet up with us there, so it should be a good time because in the past FI and I have only gone there with each other.

Sunday evening we're going out to dinner with my mom and stepdad. I suggested a few casual places, but my mom said she wants to go somewhere nice to celebrate both my birthday and the engagement :-) Since FI and I have REALLY cut back on our spending since I've been underemployed, it's been a while since we've gone out, and I am reaaally looking forward to having two different things to do this weekend, not to mention a "free" dinner out.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • I woke up sick this morning. I'm all stuffed up and tired and dragged myself to work. Luckily I'm seeing FI tonight and staying with him this weekend so I should be recovered by Monday.

This weekend we need to shop for new work clothes for him, he has a shoot tomorrow so I'm hanging out with other people, then on Sunday we're going to his church. Hopefully I don't collapse!

Daisypath Anniversary tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • AHHHH Friday. Finally. I can't WAIT to sleep in tomorrow. 

Tonight I have a hockey game. BF is in charge of making the homemade pizza that I bought the goods for the other day, so hopefully I'll be able to have some leftovers when I get home.

Tomorrow night I have another hockey game. We're playing our crosstown rivals in the big arena in our city, so it should be fun. I really love being able to work college hockey games again. It's my favorite.

Sunday, we'll probably clean the apartment, watch our DVRed shows from the week, and relax. Nothing too exciting, which is fine by me! 

*******************************************************************************************

• @Hummingbird125 - Happy early birthday!

@Kait - Hope you feel better soon. 

• @minskat30 My experience with pilates has been mixed. I've had an instructor who was extremely intense and I got a helluva workout with her but then I've had other instructors who did more of a yoga/pilates flow class so I don't really know what to expect today. I'm a little bit scared too.

• @Hummingbird125 Happy early birthday!

• @hummingbird125 - Happy Early Birthday!!

Anniversary
  • @hummingbird125, Happy early birthday!

Thanks @minskat30!

• Here's to the weekend!

Tonight there will be cleaning and last minute grocery shopping.  Most likely there will be a Netflix marathon on my couch after.

Tomorrow I will be eating all the dip.  I'm having a Dip Off at my house.  Friends of ours had a chili cook off  last year, and I loved it.   So I decided to have a dip version.  I can't wait to stuff my face. Plus I get to see @loves2shop4shoes and minskat30.  So it's a win all around!

Sunday, there will be brunch and some more Netflix.  I'll probably force myself to yoga sometime during the day, too.   My eggo isn't preggo yet, so I need something to calm my crazies.  Yoga seemed to help this week. 
    photo bridalparty.jpg
  • @minskat30 My experience with pilates has been mixed. I've had an instructor who was extremely intense and I got a helluva workout with her but then I've had other instructors who did more of a yoga/pilates flow class so I don't really know what to expect today. I'm a little bit scared too.
    @lmhollister I bet you'll be fine!  Relax and try to enjoy it.  I used to hate yoga because I'm such a competitive person, and seeing anyone doing better than me would make me mad.   Recently, I've learned to let it go.  Whatever I do that night is best for me.  It's helped tremendously and made me really enjoy the practice.  Anything you get out of it will be better for your body than not going at all.  Enjoy your me time!

@hummingbird125 Happy Birthday!
    photo bridalparty.jpg
  • @hummingbird125 happy birthday!! That bar kinda looks awesome and if I weren't 1200 miles away I would be crashing.

@kait I hope you feel better but my fi knows not to come near me when he is sick so I'm confused why you're excited to see your bf lol #compromisedimmunesystemmuch?

I have no idea what were doing this weekend. We are either going golfing at a par 3 course (where I will suck majorly) or to merritt island wildlife refuge (I'm way more psyched about this). I'm currently working on bridesmaid gifts. I've been doing a loooot of wedding lately. It's crazy
    I guess, to tell you the truth, I've never had much of a desire to grow facial hair. I think I've managed to play quarterback just fine without a mustache. - Peyton
  • @Blue&White, I actually have an epic immune system. This is the first time I've been sick in like a year. I was around him last weekend when he was sick too. It's kind of just going around. My boss is sick. My best friend is sick. Yea....

• @kait I am jealous of your immune system lol. Obviously. Mine has been better lately but I don't like testing it :)
    I guess, to tell you the truth, I've never had much of a desire to grow facial hair. I think I've managed to play quarterback just fine without a mustache. - Peyton
  • Holy shit @hummingbird125 happy birthday!!!! <3 I miss your face!

Wedding Countdown Ticker

image 59 Invited
    image 36 Yes
    image 2 No
    image 21 Unknown
  • I have to be back up at the counter in a second so I have to P&R but this weekend I'll be opening boxes and putting stuff together...CAUSE NEY IS THE BESTEST BESTEST BESTEST group of girlfriends I could have ever hoped for. And hopefully I'll be getting el Senor's butt in gear to clean out that nursery room to make way for FURNITURE!!!!!! AHHH!
    "Stuart was scared, but he loved Margalo, Mommy. And there is nothing bigger than love." -The Bean
     "His farts smell like Satan's asshole mixed with a skunk's vagina. But it's okay, because I love him." -CSousa

• @cocobellaF I just read your post. All my love hun. I know how you are feeling and I know how frustrating it can be. I will have to rely on the kindness of coworkers to help me get enough leave banked up to take time off. It's impossible to save sick leave up when you have a sickly child. I have a couple days worth and thats it. Thankfully the county government allows coworkers to donate leave, but it's obviously on a voluntary basis and I feel ashamed asking, but otherwise, I'd have to be back at work a week after Noah was born. Try to keep your chin up. I'm thinking of you and hoping the situation works out better.

xoxoxoxoxo

"Stuart was scared, but he loved Margalo, Mommy. And there is nothing bigger than love." -The Bean
     "His farts smell like Satan's asshole mixed with a skunk's vagina. But it's okay, because I love him." -CSousa

• suzie211 said:
    Here's to the weekend!

Tonight there will be cleaning and last minute grocery shopping.  Most likely there will be a Netflix marathon on my couch after.

Tomorrow I will be eating all the dip.  I'm having a Dip Off at my house.  Friends of ours had a chili cook off  last year, and I loved it.   So I decided to have a dip version.  I can't wait to stuff my face. Plus I get to see @loves2shop4shoes and minskat30.  So it's a win all around!

Sunday, there will be brunch and some more Netflix.  I'll probably force myself to yoga sometime during the day, too.   My eggo isn't preggo yet, so I need something to calm my crazies.  Yoga seemed to help this week. 
    Trust me, H and I are looking forward to it as well!  Though I have no idea what dip to bring to impress the masses.  :)  As to no preggo yet, at least that = wine over the weekend. 
  • @beanbot2002 - thank you.  I just talked to my old mentor (he moved on to somewhere better when things started falling apart here) and he said I really should be past an H and looking for an I right now.  it makes me feel even worse. 
  • @CocoBellaF I am 100% with you. Every so often, either my partner or I will have a mini (or sometimes not so mini) breakdowns because it just feels like we're always going to be scrimping and saving, and we can't really enjoy little pleasures, like going out to dinner, ordering delivery, making spontaneous weekend trips, etc. I keep panicking when I think about how expensive it'll be to buy a car, which eventually will have to happen. I remind myself that people make do with less than what we have, and that we're not doing SO terribly (we're able to put money in savings, we're able to save up for a pretty expensive wedding). But sometimes, it feels suffocating. With a combined $40k in student loans, a house and kids are just pipe dreams at this point.

@buddysmom80 YAY for dress!! I get so overly excited about wedding dresses. Also, is now a good time to start working on registries? We're 10 months out and I've started to put together ideas for the registries on Pinterest, but I kind of assumed it was something to do closer to the wedding. Thoughts?

@CLoGreenEyes Uh ... yeah, very glad your coworker may have talked your mom out of adopting ANOTHER dog. Geez. I get that dogs are a commitment and are not easy (especially when they're puppies), but it's really not a good idea to adopt and return even once. And it sounds like your mom is a candidate to do that more than once. It's not only a bad situation for puppies, but it's a bad situation for you!!

@lalalaurita Happy early birthday!!

This weekend might end up being a total bust for me, but we'll see. Here's my hopeful plan:

Tonight: Demand that my partner put away the laundry like he promised he would on Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday. In the meantime, clean up the living room and kitchen. Then, watch TV shows.

Saturday: Early morning hair appointment (canceled my last one because I woke up 10 minutes before I was supposed to be there), followed by the gym. See if my friend then wants to get pedicures. Rest of the day spent cleaning and wedding planning.

Sunday: Probably registry pinning and more cleaning, bioinformatics homework assignment, then hanging out with a childhood friend.

What'll probably happen:

Tonight: eat cereal for dinner, watch TV/play video games

Saturday: Wake up at 9:30am when the salon calls to ask if I'm coming to my 9:00am appointment. Cancel it and sleep until noon. Spend the day moping.

Sunday: Sleep in, panic because the apartment is a mess, cancel on my friend, and eat junk food for dinner.

DEPRESSION IS AWESOME
    Anniversary
    now with ~* INCREASED SASSINESS *~
  • @cocobellaF are you looking at other opportunities? I talked to my brother about that position I was telling you about and it does have the work from home flexibility, but the pay grade is about 7k less than what I'm making now. IF el senor gets a position somewhere (he actually applied for this one) where he's making what I am making right now, THEN I can go for this job and we can make it work. The whole plan right now is el Senor takes the job with my brother (my brother pretty much guaranteed it), works at it for a few months and moves into a higher pay scale position. Then I take the position that el senor vacates or another position of the same type/team etc. We'll both have work from home flexibility so that we can alternate days in the office and minimize or possibly eliminate the need for day care at all.

• @beanbot2002 - I have been looking around, but I am looking in earnest now (and letting my coworkers know that I'm looking; maybe it'll get around to my boss).

I hope all that works out for you all!!  it sounds like a great schedule for you, especially with a new baby.  :)
  • I'm hoping you find something as well @cocobellaF! all the vibes that this works out!

• This weekend Bossman is going to give me a temporary code for the store.  I'm both excited and nervous.  I get to wake up and do two sections of math homework tomorrow before work.  Sunday is a repeat of Saturday.  So I guess it's the same old stuff.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards