Snarky Brides

Is it just me or....

When I get a wedding planner app or any type of checklist they want me to get everything done really early, when I decide to take there advice and book a venue when I tell them my date the say something like "wow this is early" I will be gone all summer working at a summer camp but I still feel like I should wait to do somethings.

Re: Is it just me or....

• I love doing things early. I'm over 7 months out and already have everything but the DJ, wedding party clothes, and florals confirmed.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
    eyeroll
  • Yeah, I just hired a DOC and she sent me a checklist to keep in mind suggested deadlines to do things.  All of the stuff was way far in advance, before I planned on doing them and not when those actual vendors said things needed to be done. For example her checklist said to buy wedding bands 6 months out.  I checked with my jeweler and they only need 2 weeks to make my custom wedding band (I will order it prior to then JIK, but still).  It also said decide on menu 6 months in advance, and my caterer doesn't have the meeting to decide on food until 6 weeks prior to the event.  
  • JMalettasJMalettas member
    First Anniversary First Answer First Comment 5 Love Its
    edited January 2014
     I was also a bride that got things done early! We booked ceremony & reception venues 15 months prior to our wedding. Our DJ, cake company, decorator, & florist were all booked a year+ from our wedding. I wanted to make sure we got what we wanted, and wouldn't run into vendors already being fully booked! I'm glad we did too, because there were a few that had to dbl check their schedules for the following year, that were already almost fully booked for that summer! (This probably depends on where you live though too). 

I would go ahead, and plan/book what you know you want. Just make sure you are 100% when you book, as you don't want to lose deposit $ if you decide to change your mind! Also, a lot of decisions are based on guest count. So you may want to start making a list, (if you haven't already), and see what the rough invite # is!

Have fun!

*J
  • i booked items that could only accomodate one wedding per day over a year in advance.  venue, planner, potographer, caterer, and florist were included in this.  everything else i just spread out and did a few at a time.  But i was done with vendors with 8 months to go.  now i just have little things to deal with.
  • I booked things really early only because we are doing a destination wedding and I wanted to give the people that I absolutely wanted to be there PLENTY of time to prepare and plan.

So.. I booked most everything a year in advance. I've been sitting on my butt for the last 4 months waiting for things to get closer to actually talk about details because like PPs have said, the actual timeline for the vendors is much shorter.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards