Destination Weddings Discussions

Mexico all inclusive resort private receptions?

Hi everyone,

I'm just wondering if anyone has any advice or recommendations on private receptions at any Mexico resorts. I'm having a large DW (expecting 120-150 guests) and I would like to keep the costs down if possible. 

As we all know, there is a cost per head for food and alcohol at most all inclusive resorts (ie. $40/person meal + $10/person per hour alcohol), plus a cost for room rental plus sound system, plus DJ, plus additional hours..

I understand the Palace resorts do not have any charge (ie no charge for room rental and no per person charge). Does anyone know other resorts that have something like this? I would love to choose the Palace (I'd save $30,000) but the costs for my guests is too high...

Thanks so much!

Re: Mexico all inclusive resort private receptions?

• The Palace actually does have a charge. I am getting married there in September. They offer a complimentary dinner reservation for after the wedding for up to 30 people. However, any private function does have a price per person and set up charge. Where did it say there was no fee? 

If you meet all of the criteria though for benefits, you can get a private function free of charge. There is still a set up fee depending on the location. I would assume with the amount of guests you have you would qualify for the private function and just have to pay for a DJ and what not. 
  • Oh that's strange.. so my travel agent/planner must have a deal with the palace resorts and is able to waive the per person charge. Now I wish I could find a travel agent that can waive the per person charge at one of the resorts I actually want to get married at!
  • You might want to confirm with the Palace resorts. My mom is a travel agent and she has never heard of an agent having a deal where the resort will waive charges for private events. 

Having a travel agent is great, but you also want to make sure you are talking directly to the wedding coordinator at the resort. 
  • I know travel agents can work out deals for rooms/upgrade/and various benefits for groups, but being able to waive huge costs associated with the actual wedding and reception seems very odd. I would double check that. The worst thing would be to get incorrect information and be SOL later down the road.
  • Update: I'm also a member on bestdestinationwedding.com and I've noticed other people talking about the same thing. The Palace deal is available to anyone! I think you have to book a certain number of rooms. But yes you can have your wedding there with no per head cost. Also, you get unlimited private events. You can do a reception, rehearsal dinner, post wedding brunch, welcome dinner, etc. with no extra costs. 

Unfortunately I don't want to go to any of the Palace resorts :( Too bad the other resorts don't have the same option available. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards