Destination Weddings Discussions
Options

Hair updo or down for beach wedding?

Having some major hairing issues already!! Should I go for an updo or down and loose for my beach wedding? I have long blonde hair and wear glasses (contacts are not an option) pics appreciated!

Re: Hair updo or down for beach wedding?

• Options

Where are you getting married and when? you may be more comfortable with it up if its hot and humid. I wore mine down, but it was only around 70 degrees and I have a TON of hair, so updos look silly on me :) 

• Options
    key west in september and i have a TON of hair too and its long!! o no!! i didnt even think about the thickness being an issue! never had an updo so i have no idea what it will look like
  • Options
    Wear your hair in a way that will make you feel "you"! 

If you almost never wear your hair up then I advocate for wearing it down...doing some waves or loose curls...nothing "sculpted". I have a ton of hair too so wearing mine up was not an option in my mind...I have never had an updo that either came out as intended or that I liked because of the amt of hair I have...plus I associated wearing my hair back with it being dirty or working out (ha!)

As you get closer to your date I recommend doing a trial with someone at home so that you can get an idea of what you do (or don't like) and then you can take pictures and ideas with you to your destination!
  • Options
    I wanted to wear mine down, but it was WAY too windy, and I'm so glad I had it all pulled back.  And especially since you have glasses where your hair could get pretty tangled if it's blowing around them, it might be worth pulling at least part of it back.  Maybe do a trial with a half-up do and see how you like it.  Try searching on Pinterest, and you'll find tons of pictures.  Good luck!
  • Options
    I agree with doing a trial. Try and updo and if you don't like, try for a half-up do. My brother got married in July outdoors in NJ and I did my hair half up/half down and it worked just fine! I should caveat that I probably would have worn my hair half up at my wedding if the resort where we stayed had the resources for me to do that. We married on a remote island power only by solar. If I wanted to get my hair done, I would have had to helicopter someone in and even then, they would not have been able to use curling irons or a hair dryer! LOL

• Options

I say def keep the hair out your face because the wind will blow your hair in your face if its down. you can do a partial up and down if you really want your hair down...Im going for my hair pinned back in curls and im going to rock my veil the whoooooole day change into shorts and bride t-shit still going to be in my veil.

• Options
    I'm wearing a dress with a very dramatic back so an updo is really my only option. Although as much as I prefer my hair down being that it's going to be very hot, very humid with always the possibility of windy, I'd rather it be up than snarled and frizzy! 
  • Options
    I am considering half up half down, I just have to find a nice style. I have thick hair so it is really hard to get my hair to hold.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards