Wedding Vows & Ceremony Discussions

Songs for Bridal Party and Bride Entrance

I am wondering if it is okay for the BM, MOH and Bride to all walk out to the same song or do you have to have separate songs for the BM, MOH and Bride.

TIA

Re: Songs for Bridal Party and Bride Entrance

• I dont see why it would be a problem, I'm considering it since the song for my bridal party is so long and I love it so much. The good part about seperate songs is it gives everyone a hint as to when to stand.
    10.2011 Siggy
    BM Dresses
    Photobucket
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    *Updated 1/21*
  • I've never seen the MOH have her own song. I think if you want to walk out to the same song as the bridesmaids, that's fine. I've seen it done both ways.
    imageimageimage
  • You can have one for all the bridesmaids (MOH included) and one for you if you want, but you can also use the same if it's long enough like PP said.  I am having 2 only because the 3 girls will enter to a song played by the organist, and I will be led in by a bagpiper. 

Crosswalk
  • No, you don't have to have separate songs at all.  It's just a matter of personal preference.  Are you perhaps thinking of a "prelude" (usually when the mothers are seated, to signal when to start the ceremony), a bridal party/attendant's entrance, and then a bride's entrance song?

Most seem to prefer that the bride have her own entrance music, and the attendants a different one.  But I've also seen it done where they all came in to the same music plenty of times.  It certainly makes it simpler.

If you have a large wedding party, with more than 3-4 attendants and flower girls or ring bearer, or a very long aisle, then you probably should have at least two entrance songs.  That also makes it easier if you have two favorite selections.

But for a small WP and short aisle, one song is more than long enough. If it's at a church, the organist/musician would be a good person to ask for suggestions on songs, length of music, timing, etc...
  • As a musician, I can tell you that from the player's point of view, the less fuss the better.  Normally, I get requests from brides for two different songs (one for BM's and one for the Bride).  I have never heard of the MOH getting her own processional song.  It would be a bit too much for your ceremony musician to handle, and there would be that awkward silence between pieces, guaranteed.  But it is expected for the Bride to have a different piece, plus the gap between music is a signal for the guests to stand for you.  A cautionary note: if you are hiring an outside musician, they may charge you more for multiple pieces.  Definitely speak with your musician so that the two of you understand each other and that everything turns out exactly how you like it.  The last thing you want to do is put way too much pressure on the person who is controlling the entire atmosphere of your wedding ceremony.  Best of luck!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards