Snarky Brides

We post on here for support not ridicule...right?

13»

Re: We post on here for support not ridicule...right?

• As long as you take my Canadian plastic money we are good!
    and loonies and toonies of course!

• mimiphin said:
    As long as you take my Canadian plastic money we are good!
    and loonies and toonies of course!

What's the conversion rate right now? As long as it's decent, I guess I can let you join. But you better not get pregnant. Otherwise, you're out!
    ~*~*~*~*~

• OP - I agree that these boards are a little over the top. People really do turn for support and advice here and sometimes are met with more than they bargained for. I've pretty much reserved my questions on my wedding for another site that will be honest about etiquette, lessons learned and best practices while being open to intelligent discussion and not jumping on people. If you'd like these boards to stress you out less - take them with a grain of salt - or just avoid them all together. 
  • Maggie0829Maggie0829 member
    First Anniversary First Answer First Comment 5 Love Its
    edited February 2014
    abbyj700 said:
    OP - I agree that these boards are a little over the top. People really do turn for support and advice here and sometimes are met with more than they bargained for. I've pretty much reserved my questions on my wedding for another site that will be honest about etiquette, lessons learned and best practices while being open to intelligent discussion and not jumping on people. If you'd like these boards to stress you out less - take them with a grain of salt - or just avoid them all together. 
    whatever

• abbyj700 said:
    OP - I agree that these boards are a little over the top. People really do turn for support and advice here and sometimes are met with more than they bargained for. I've pretty much reserved my questions on my wedding for another site that will be honest about etiquette, lessons learned and best practices while being open to intelligent discussion and not jumping on people. If you'd like these boards to stress you out less - take them with a grain of salt - or just avoid them all together. 
    So why are you here then?

There's plenty of great ideas, conversations and guidance that come along with not asking big questions to the group and reading with the idea that there are these things underneath some of the snarkiness and overall fights that happen here. Some of the regulars and new people here have great messages to send if you aren't taking things too much to heart like the OP.
  • Posters like this always seem like they just have some growing up to do. Let it go guys, you done ripped her to shreds. 
  • edandy said:
    Posters like this always seem like they just have some growing up to do. Let it go guys, you done ripped her to shreds. 
    No one had posted on this thread in a week...thanks for reviving it!
  • LDay2014 said:
    edandy said:
    Posters like this always seem like they just have some growing up to do. Let it go guys, you done ripped her to shreds. 
    No one had posted on this thread in a week...thanks for reviving it!
    Oh snap I need to start paying attention to dates. I figured front page means still active. My bad.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards