August 2014 Weddings
Options

Almost 6 Months Out -- YIKES! :)

Anyone else excited, nervous, worried, thrilled, freaked out, etc. that we're only about SIX MONTHS from the wedding date?? Wooooow this time is flying by. I'm curious where everyone else is in their planning ... I feel I'm behind on a few things. The Checklist is extremely helpful, however certain details and decisions have been delayed in coming together. How's everyone else feeling!!?? :)
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Almost 6 Months Out -- YIKES! :)

• Options
    All of the above! I'm so excited to finally be marrying my FI, but sometimes the sheer amount of planning that needs done drives me insane. I've already had three dreams where something went terribly wrong on my big day! Haha

We have our ceremony and reception venues, officiant, wedding party, DJ, florist, and limo confirmed - and I bought my dress last weekend! :) Next up: finding a photographer, cake baker, and honeymoon location. Hopefully, we'll have a photographer booked by next week. We really need to start getting serious about the honeymoon though...
    Anniversary
  • Options

OH boy ... I have not had any crazy dreams yet. LOL

We have our venue (both ceremony and reception at same place), officiant I think (he's a friend but coming from out of town and there are rules in our County on using a "commissioner of the day"), wedding party, no transportation needed because we'll be there all weekend, I'm having my dress made (that's under way, first fitting is coming up), booked the DJ, florist, photograher. My FMIL is doing our desserts (no cake). We aren't sure if we can afford a honeymoon right after the wedding so we're not booking one (sad face)....

I'm glad to know we're all in the same boat. :) Thanks for sharing and best of luck on the rest of your plans! 

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I haven't had any crazy dreams yet, thank goodness!

So far we have our venue, officiant (groom's best friend), wedding party, dress (found and ordered it about two weeks ago), sent STDs, photographer, centerpieces (delegated), and we are going for a cake tasting in about three weeks! No honeymoon to plan as I don't think we will be able to afford one right away, and no need to book a DJ as we're just playing music from our iPod. I still need to look into a florist and getting chair covers, and that's about it!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    No crazy dreams yet thankfully- I go back and forth between WOW only 6 months to "can it just be here already???" So far we've got the venue for ceremony and reception, officiant, wedding party, photographer, wedding planner, honeymoon booked, and the dress

We have a meeting with the potential DJ this weekend that I feel positive about and then flower arrangements.
  • Options
    I booked my venue, bought my dress, my wonderful aunt who is a professional caterer has gifted me with my catering and cake, and a good family friend who has photos in an art gallery has gifted my photography to me. That free'd up my budget so much and what was going to be an extremely budget wedding turned into the wedding I never dreamed I would have. I am still going to do some fun DIY projects like my centerpieces, bouquets, and decor. No honeymoon plans yet, we will see what our budget allows and how much time off work we can get. I can't believe we are almost 6 months from being married! Eeeek!!!
  • Options
    At this time we pretty much just have our venue, colors, & Save the Dates.  I have my dress in mind just need to get to David's Bridal to get it.  But other then that I'm needing to get a bunch of stuff done!!!!!  AHHH!!!  

• Options

Hello everyone!

I am not going to lie, I think planning has been one of the easiest things I have ever done. I have enjoyed planning and have honestly had a very stress-free time of it. But, I think my job has had a lot to do with it. I run youth sports and aquatic programs( and in the summers, summer camps) for children in my town and am constantly merging schedules and balancing facility time. When I say I love planning and calandars, I am not joking. lol "hanging head because my nerdy hobby is no longer a secret"

One of the first things I did was to go through those jumbo lists of things to do and cross out everything I considered excess. I then made my own "grocery style" list. Instead of saying 10-12 months out, I changed it to August-October 2013. It really helped put things in perspective and gave me a realistic time table I could follow. This kept me from bouncing around and kept tasks evenly spaced. As of right now, we have venue, catering, DJ, officiant, photographer, cupcakes, lodging, wedding dress, and had invitation photos taken last week. I thought I would have a very rough time with planning since I've seen some friends have a very tough time. I think being organized has really been a huge help.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards