Not Engaged Yet

Bueller? Bueller?

2»

Re: Bueller? Bueller?

• @audrewuh It is a hard fact to face.  If I want this entire supervisor thing to be successful, I have to learn not to let everyone walk all over me.  It's going to be difficult, but it'll probably be better for me in the long run if I learn to be assertive.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • @audrewuh, thanks! I am not sure what we're gonna do this weekend...She is an awesome person to just eat and talk with (I just love food, and I love her, and it's just natural to combine them, ya know?), but I want to actually DO *something*, I'm just not sure what yet. Her FI is a drummer in a band, so if they're playing we will go see them, but if not I'll see what else is around to do that's fun and whimsical.

Also, I just totally have to thank you for your description of what being assertive actually means. It's so hard to deal with not being able to make everyone happy, but at the end of the day, NOBODY else is going to advocate for yourself the way you can. For me I don't like thinking of it in terms of stepping on someone else's toes; I prefer to just think that I'm doing for myself what I would do for anyone else, which is looking out for them.

• @audrewuh - I'm cutting back on meat for health reasons (it tends to make me sick since I had my gallbladder taken out). I'm not cutting it out all together though just eating less because I feel better when I do. I've also had to cut way back on dairy products because of my lack of a gallbladder.

• @audrewuh - have you read the Handmaid's Tale yet?  it is definitely interesting!!  I read it for a women's studies class in college.

I was home today (again) for pink eye... it moved to my other eye and was gunking everywhere, so I had to stay home. 

for dinner I made a double batch of ST Easy Macaroni Casserole.  @Swazzle, it was pretty good... but I would add garlic and red crushed peppers to the veggies that you saute in the beginning.  I also think it would be yummy with enchilada sauce in lieu of marinara.

H and I are watching a documentary on Netflix about Mary Magdalene.  super interesting.  thankfully he's getting tired of his wrestling obsession... it lasted a few months this time.  before that it was lions and orcas.  I'm sure another obsession is on its way.

chinese sounds so good!  we are talking about just getting Chinese take-out on Valentine's Day to avoid crazy crowds if we were to try to go out to eat like we do most Fridays.
  • @CocoBellaF that does sound interesting, what's it called? BF and I are snowed in until further notice and we could use something to watch.

Wedding Countdown Ticker

• I'm not sure, maybe "Secrets of Mary Magdalene"...  we've also watched one on King Herod (Herod's Lost Tomb) which was REALLY good, and then a couple on Pompeii (Pompeii: The Last Day; and Pompeii: Back from the Dead).  we had watched a couple on Egypt and then at the bottom saw some related documentaries that we added to our queue, so I'm just going through them.  there's one on the Aztecs that looks good (my H is half-Mije, which is a modern-day-like-Aztec, so he was pumped to add that one!)  I think if you find one, you'll find a bunch of cool ones that are related.
  • @shiroyasha, I fully believe in you. You've got a kind heart, which shows in the fact that you want people to be happy. You'll grow a lot in this experience and your boss believes in you. You've got this! 

@clogreeneyes, if you think of something fun and whimsical to do, let me know. I only hang out with people when alcohol is involved, because I like alcohol and I like people. I realized this lack of originality was not good when two of my BFF's went on a diet and stopped drinking. We didn't see each other their whole 30 days! I'm a terrible friend...

The way I look at being assertive is doing the best for the most underpriveleged in the situation. Is it the client? Is it yourself? Is it a coworker that never gets heard? For me, I'm assertive for my students. I want to give them the best chance they can to succeed in their faith journey and membership in the church. I view a lot of my job as being an advocate, but when it comes to being assertive for my own needs, especially in a professional setting, I panic and don't do a good job of it. 

@bethsmiles, somewhere I missed that you had your gallbladder removed! I'm glad you can still eat meat though, even if it's just a little less. :)

@cocobellaf, The Handmaid's Tale was one of four choices for my Children's Lit class in college when we were doing a project on adolescent reading. I chose The Book Thief instead and I don't regret it. I also don't think I would have enjoyed it where I was at in my beliefs in college. I think I'll enjoy it a lot more now. 

Also, WTF pink eye?! Leave Coco alone!! 
    --------------------------------------------------------------

"You're our early 20's BSC scarecrow. They cower at your maturity." - lennonkdc Anniversary
  • BriSox81 said:
    I REALLY want chinese food. But given that I do my weigh-ins on Wednesday morning, I feel like that would be a bad choice. FUCK. 

I had a Healthy Choice for lunch which was good, and I'm eating a lemon meringue greek yogurt right now. 

I forgot to bring a seltzer today, and it's too fucking cold to go outside, so I'm thirsty.

I'm working at a volleyball game across town tomorrow, a basketball game on Thursday, then I have home events (basketball & hockey) here on Friday & Saturday.  

I think it's hysterical that the south is totally shut down. I have friends in Atlanta, and they're bitching about how bad the traffic is because everyone is freaking out. 

I'm jealous that you're going to NOLA. :(

I would just like to point out that you're eating greek yogurt. Welcome to the dark side. Does it still taste like paste? ;)
    "Stuart was scared, but he loved Margalo, Mommy. And there is nothing bigger than love." -The Bean
     "His farts smell like Satan's asshole mixed with a skunk's vagina. But it's okay, because I love him." -CSousa

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards