August 2014 Weddings

Dreaming of the big day...literally

Has anyone experienced any crazy wedding dreams/nightmares? I've had three so far:

1. I didn't get married in the church we booked, but a giant bowling alley. I slid all the way up the aisle and woke up before I wiped out.
2. I had a huge, friendship-ending fight with one of my bridesmaids at the end of the reception. She was upset that the last song wasn't dedicated to us, but to my FI and I - and demanded that the DJ (who had already packed up) play "our" song. I left my FI and family at the reception hall and drove after her all night. Somehow, peanut butter was involved.
3. In the middle of the reception, I realized that I had not booked a photographer or photo booth and had the wrong appetizers served at cocktail hour (barbecue chips). There was a fourth thing that was wrong, but I forgot what it was when I woke up.

Anyone else? Or am I just going insane here? :P
Anniversary

Re: Dreaming of the big day...literally

• YES! Haven't had any bowling alley dreams though. Had two dreams that my hair was dripping wet and in desperate need of a trim and the wedding was in 15 minutes... And another that I went for my dress fitting and the woman put me in a black lace dress instead of my wedding dress, and told me that this was close enough since someone else with a closer wedding date wanted to take my dress. Hopefully these stop soon!
  • I had one that our "first dance" song was some crazy fast paced song I never heard of, but we danced to it anyways. Was kinda bummed during it though lol
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • I have wedding dreams/nightmares about once a week and have for about a year now :(

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Haha, I can totally relate. I have had the WEIRDEST wedding dreams since getting engaged. (Although honestly, I had a few (which were all nightmares, yikes) prior to getting engaged too.) Most of them involve pretty much all of my plans falling apart, although sometimes in the dream I don't care. I think it's super normal to work out your anxiety about the day while you sleep - I always run through worst case scenarios in my dreams no matter the topic! Kind of exhausting, but what are you going to do... 
  • I had my first wedding nightmare last night...It was SOOO weird- ok here goes:

My dress was wrong- Instead of the really pretty A-line that I bought, I ended up in a pink mermaid that was satin and tight and absolutely hideous on me...now there's nothing wrong with pink mermaid dresses, unless it's on me. Not my shape at all. Like serious tummy pooch and all...
    Then as I was getting ready my hair person didn't show up until super late and wouldn't do my hair. she said it looked fine as is (it was wet for some reason)
    One of my BM's mothers showed up in a wedding gown and wouldn't change even though my bridesmaid randomly had a bunch of extra dresses- also it was not actually her mom as I've met her before but rather in my dream she was this tall RHOBH looking woman...
    15 minutes before the ceremony which will be at the Chapel at our university, someone pointed out that the football field has more room so we should move everything over to the stadium and everyone thought that was a good idea...
    Finally we get to the reception and I realize I didn't put the meal choice cards in the invitations so no one had any orders put in for their food...

This is was all ONE dream! Yeesh.
  • OMGosh thank goodness I'm not the only one. So we had a little tiff and that night I had the worse nightmare, it woke me out of my sleep, in tears. Ok so I'm trying to get to my wedding with my gown on trudging through swamp-like terrain, I even encountered quicksand. It was so real.

I mean seriously! I was scared thinking that this was a sign. Thank you everyone for sharing your intimate thoughts and feelings. this forum helps a lot.

• @tyrejani I don't think it is a bad sign. It's good to know it is so common, and it makes sense since we spend so much time thinking about weddings and what could go wrong. As long as you wake up feeling relieved its not real and excited for the real thing!
  • I had a dream the other night that it was time for the ceremony but I couldn't find my dress... I think it has something to do with the fact that I am torn between 3 different dresses right now.  
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards