Wedding Reception Forum

NY - AFFORABLE..ELEGANT Venue/RESTAURANT - 100 GUESTS

Hello, I am getting married a second time in a little over 60 days, and I am trying to find a nice venue for 100 people to celebrate with me and my husband to be. I would really like something elegant and pretty, or that I can DIY to be elegant and pretty. I was going to do use my backyard but that can get expensive. I want to stay within $5000 - $7000 dollars. Brooklyn, Queens, Long Island.... Can you help??

Re: NY - AFFORABLE..ELEGANT Venue/RESTAURANT - 100 GUESTS

• You can do amazing things by decorating a large white tent if you chose your backyard. While it can get expensive to rent tables and chairs, you could save yourself a large venue expense by having it in your backyards. Many times, you'll rent a venue and STILL need to rent tables and chairs!

What does your backyard look like, how big is it? Do you have fences around it, or are you sitting on multiple acres of rolling hills? The landscape will definitely play into expense and decoration options.

As for venues, look into bed & breakfasts outside the city. You'll probably save some considerable money, and it will really slow down the pace and set the tone for you, your fiancee and your guests. They may even have some tables and chairs available, and maybe they can even provide inexpensive catering. If they have nice landscaping and a pretty garden, that will save on costs for flowers and decorations. They'll have at least one room for you and your husband to be for the night of, and perhaps more for the bridal party or other guests that would like to enjoy an extra day outside of the city.

Do you know anyone personally that has had a wedding in that area? If so, they have probably done their research and hours searching, and perhaps could lead you to something that didn't work for them, but could be perfect for you! 

As for flowers, stay with farms that are local and flowers that are in season, and that will keep the costs down. If you can, drive down the flower farm and pickup there. That's usually cheaper than having them driven and delivered or purchased from a farmers' market - and it ensures more survive! I use to work on a flower farm and many would sadly get damaged in the big hunk of a van.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards