Wedding Woes
Options

Shower/Bachelorette Party

My MOH and bridal party are sweet enough to throw me a bridal shower and bachelorette party. I live in Seattle as do many of my friends while the parties will be in Chicago (where I'm from and closer to most of the bridal party.) My MOH won't tell me anything about either party which is fine, I don't need to know details, but according to my invited Seattle friends the bachelorette party invites, which went out 3 weeks ago, said the shower was "tentatively" the next day. Shower invites have not gone out and all these people are asking me what is going on so they can plan flights, etc. According to one of my bridesmaids, it also doesn't sound like my MOH is talking to the bridesmaids about any of the planning so they're kind of in the dark. 

I'm not sure how to approach this without sounding awful, or if I even should.

Re: Shower/Bachelorette Party

• Options
    I would stay out of it.  When people ask you what is going on tell them that they need to ask the host/hosts of the parties.

• Options
    I should also mention that none of my bridal party really know each other. I've email introduced them with small bios of each, but they're all from different places and times in my life. 
  • Options
    WzzWzz member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    edited January 2014
    you don't need to approach it at all. it'll work itself out. trust that the person handling the arrangements is competant.
  • Options
    Why don't you just ask the MOH when the shower is? I know you don't get to plan your own party, but unless it's a surprise party, I think you should at least know WHEN it is scheduled for. You don't need to get involved with the rest, but I certainly don't see a problem with asking for the date.
  • Options
    I know what weekend it is, but when I asked her what time and when I should figure out my flight, she just says "plan to leave late Sunday night." I have a FT job I have to fly to Seattle for. Its frustrating to not know the logistics.  
  • Options
    rikysegal said:
    I know what weekend it is, but when I asked her what time and when I should figure out my flight, she just says "plan to leave late Sunday night." I have a FT job I have to fly to Seattle for. Its frustrating to not know the logistics.  
    Then book a flight that works for you that is in the late afternoon/evening.  If for some reason it doesn't work with your MOHs plans then just tell her "sorry MOH, but you told me to leave late Sunday and the flight I booked worked the best for me and my job under the guidance you gave me."

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards