Attire & Accessories Forum
Options

Answered

Re: Answered

• Options
    I think it fits your body nicely. I do think it's pretty bland though. Do you plan on jazzing things up a bit with jewelry?
  • Options
    @mig78 - I'm thinking of wearing a chunky bracelet and some statement earrings. I'll also be styling it with a veil for the ceremony and a fur jacket for the reception.

I really don't like "princess-y" dresses (dresses that are pouffy or have lots of embellishments) and want a dress that is either form fitting like this one or a flowy sheath dress that has some kind of belt at the waist. I've been looking online at v-neck form fitting lace gowns that are very low in the back and more "flowy" chiffon-type dresses with delicate beading details on the cap sleeves, back, or neckline. 
  • Options
    I think it's very pretty. You probably do want some jewelry, but I like how simple it is. I'd get a necklace of some sort and some simple earrings, but not do anything too big or crazy to match the simplicity of the dress. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    manateehuggermanateehugger member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited January 2014
    It looks wonderful! I don't think it's bland at all. It's a beautiful color, fabric, and fit. You look perfectly curved and elegant! I bet once steamed, it will look fabulous! Then again, I go for simple and elegant; I'm not an embellishment person.

I was actually going to suggest a faux fur jacket or a caplet (see above) for some pizazz. Otherwise, definitely go for some statement earrings and a bracelet or two.

ETA: Hello giant picture, sorry. 
  • Options
    Oh my gosh, I don't think it's bland at all. I think it looks lovely on you.

I like the caplet suggestion above!  

When I first tried on my dress, I didn't love it. It looked nice...but..meh... Then my mother brought over a jeweled sash and it just brought it all together, I loved it and it became my dress that moment. I think just the right accessory will make you love it because it looks really pretty on you!

imageimageimage

You'll never be subject to a cash bar, gap, potluck wedding, or b-list if you marry a Muppet Overlord.
  • Options
    I think a jeweled belt would be just the right amount of bling to it, and make it look elegant and not overdone.  It looks amazing on your figure!
  • Options
    mlg78mlg78 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Answer Name Dropper
    edited January 2014
    @mig78 - I'm thinking of wearing a chunky bracelet and some statement earrings. I'll also be styling it with a veil for the ceremony and a fur jacket for the reception.

I really don't like "princess-y" dresses (dresses that are pouffy or have lots of embellishments) and want a dress that is either form fitting like this one or a flowy sheath dress that has some kind of belt at the waist. I've been looking online at v-neck form fitting lace gowns that are very low in the back and more "flowy" chiffon-type dresses with delicate beading details on the cap sleeves, back, or neckline. 
    That sounds like the perfect addition! :)
  • Options
    I don't think it's bland either. Instead, it's elegant in its simplicity. I bet it'll look fabulous with the fur coat!
  • Options
    I really like the shape on you!  I think if you do some nice statement earrings it'll look amazing.  When satin hangs in a closet, it wrinkles really easily.  I'd suggest having someone with a small steamer help you out either the morning of or day before to get any wrinkles out.

I think the color, shape, and fabric are very classic - but not frumpy and matronly.  I think you'll still like it in 20 years looking at pictures.   

I also like the caplet suggestion - especially for winter weather. I'm getting married in March and am going to order a fur one (they have them on Etsy for about $30-40).

• Options
    I think you will look amazing and love what you have planned.
  • Options
    I think the dress looks great on you and sounds perfect for the type of wedding you're describing.
  • Options
    I think that it is a great fit on you. I do agree with a jeweled belt to just give it that little extra.
  • Options
    Thanks for the suggestions everyone!
  • Options
    i like it! i think you should add some pearls, but i'm a pearl girl
  • Options
    I think it's lovely and you look great in it.
  • Options
    Why the DD?

• Options
    @miniphin - she did the same thing on another board and when I asked she said she didn't want to discuss personal opinions or something of that sort. Eerrrmmm...
  • Options
    This is the 3rd time the OP has DD'd, as far as I can see. One of the ones (on this board, actually) was never answered so I have no idea what it was about. It's actually getting to be a little silly. Like, what does it matter if your questions are answered, perhaps they will help someone else. Unless you're including personally identifying information, I don't get why posts need to be deleted.
    ~*~*~*~*~

• Options
    mimiphin said:
    Why the DD?

what does it matter if your questions are answered, perhaps they will help someone else. 
    The question was very specific about a particular picture, I got some input and made a decision. No other advice required. And it certainly wouldn't help anyone else to see my dress!
  • Options
    Rude!  Rude!  Rude!
    httpiimgurcomTCCjW0wjpg
  • Options
    OP, deleting your posts is rude. Please stop.

• Options
    She did it on another board, too, and she thinks there is nothing wrong with this. I'm fed up with her.
    httpiimgurcomTCCjW0wjpg
  • Options
    Please stop this online forum argument - I'm getting it from two discussions I started. Except for posts we put on the "snarky brides" board, we post online to get some advice from other brides. It isn't rude to remove a post if the question has been answered and it will not assist other brides at all because the question is centred on how a particular person looks in a dress! 
  • Options
    emilie250emilie250 member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    edited February 2014
    CMGragain said:
    She did it on another board, too, and she thinks there is nothing wrong with this. I'm fed up with her.
    And rather than reading why I deleted it on the snarky brides board, you continually focus on the fact that I "DELETED A POST" - oh the horror!

We shouldn't have to explain why we delete a post. We put it up. We ask for advice. We can take it down. End of story.
  • Options
    Sorry but it is rude to remove a post.  People took time to answer your question and you really have no idea if your question will help other posters or not.  Someone could have the same style dress and is worrying that it is too plain as well and wondering if there is something they can do to spruce it up. Your question wasn't just about how the dress fit you.

• Options
    ...except it might help ladies in the future, who perhaps have your same style (or similar) dress to decide what they could do.

For goodness sake. 

What HARM does it do to YOU if you leave your post up instead of deleting it?

I mean, the entire THREAD still exists, you can't delete that.  So, what POSITIVE outcome do you get from removing your photo? 
  • Options
    Please stop this online forum argument - I'm getting it from two discussions I started. Except for posts we put on the "snarky brides" board, we post online to get some advice from other brides. It isn't rude to remove a post if the question has been answered and it will not assist other brides at all because the question is centred on how a particular person looks in a dress! 

CMGragain said:
    And rather than reading why I deleted it on the snarky brides board, you continually focus on the fact that I "DELETED A POST" - oh the horror!

We shouldn't have to explain why we delete a post. We put it up. We ask for advice. We can take it down. End of story.

mimiphin said:
    Why the DD?

what does it matter if your questions are answered, perhaps they will help someone else. 
    The question was very specific about a particular picture, I got some input and made a decision. No other advice required. And it certainly wouldn't help anyone else to see my dress!

• Options
    So stupid.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards