Wedding Party
Options

Trying to identify this color

Hi everyone,

First post! :)  I am trying to figure out what color the bridesmaid dress on the far left is.  It's obviously a shade of blue, but I'm not sure which and I really like it.  I was planning on going with royal blue for my primary color and bridesmaid dresses, but I've been feeling that it's a bit overdone over the last few days.  I'd like to figure out a nice shade of blue that's a little more subtle than royal blue as a possibly primary color.  Thanks in advance!

Re: Trying to identify this color

• Options
    I think it's called sapphire blue, or maybe even lapis.  Very pretty
  • Options
    It definitely looks more lapis than sapphire to me. It almost looks purple on my screen, actually. 
    What did you think would happen if you walked up to a group of internet strangers and told them to get shoehorned by their lady doc?~StageManager14
  • Options
    I really wouldn't be too concerned that royal blue has been done or overdone.  Just pick a color you like and if that is royal blue then go for it.  If it is the blue/purple color in the picture then go with that. But I wouldn't be too concerned about what has been done before because everything has been done before...there is nothing new or unique when it comes to weddings.

• Options
    It looks like Indigo to me since it looks closer to purple than blue, on my screen anyway. 
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    It looks like DB lapis to me.  More purple than blue, but it could be my screen.  

Go to the hardware store and look at paint chips for color inspiration.  
  • Options

Thanks for the feedback, everyone.

Has anyone seen majorelle blue used as a color for dresses?  It doesn't seem to be too common, but I really like it.  I sort of wonder though if it would be hard to match a more obscure color like that with other decorations.

• Options
    If you have an obscure color you don't try to match but rather you pick items and other colors that coordinate with it.

• Options
    Thank you! Makes sense.
  • Options
    Majorelle blue looks to be very similar to most of the horizon blues I've been seeing. It's also very similar to the royal blue that paper source just came out with. It's a very pretty color! The blue in my wedding is very similar to it :) and we haven't had any problems finding matching or coordinating colors.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards