Not Engaged Yet

Excited!

So, once again my little sister shares her birthday with the super bowl lol. I miss her terribly. When I moved last March I never thought I would miss my family as much as I have. Money has been tight so I haven't been able to fly back to Las Vegas to see them. I did take her birthday, as well as numerous other days around it (4 day weekend, much needed, super excited) off so I can call her and jibber-jabber all day. Plus it's a religious holiday for me (Imbolc, aka Candlemass) and a very important one at that. I'm truly starting my year and a day studies on Imbolc, as is tradition.

So yea lot of exciting, and bittersweet, things going on this weekend. Oh! And SO and I are looking at apartments/houses today when I get off work in about 4 hours. Happy day! Our cat needs windows...we live in a basement atm lol

Re: Excited!

• I share my bday with the last day of school this year haha. Happy bday to your sis. Have you tried getting tickets to visit during sales or anything? Are you working and/or in school? I know it happens but it seems like a long time to not visit your family if you are close. Has your bf met them?

I have lots if questions lol
    I guess, to tell you the truth, I've never had much of a desire to grow facial hair. I think I've managed to play quarterback just fine without a mustache. - Peyton
  • @Blue & White I work full time, I already did the college thing and as of yet I haven't been able to get a job with my BFA in interior design. If I save up for a few months, without anything going wrong I could afford a ticket. But, emergencies just seem to keep popping up. My bf flew out there last year and met them before I moved. The one cool thing is that my brother is going to move out here in June, and my sister is going to by him a one way ticket lol, my family is weird, and I love my mother but she hasn't been a good mom to my siblings in recent years, so I'm taking it upon myself to make sure my brother (he'll be 18 in March) finishes high school so he can join whatever branch of our military he wishes to. This way my sister who turns 19 on the 2nd can go off to college without worrying about my brother. I could talk all day about my family. I love them, but sometimes I get sick of it all. I moved so that my mother would stop guilt tripping me, but since I got a divorce she's been very angry and judgmental of my decisions. Sorry if I don't make sense, I'm tired, I just got home from a really long over night work shift, and I'm beat. My brain won't let me rest however so her I am lol. Also sorry this turned into a vent.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards