Wedding Etiquette Forum

Booking hotels in advance for getting ready

How do I know how many rooms to book for the bridal party to get ready in? I don't know exactly who will be with me- I have 2 bridesmaids, my mom, and his mom for sure- but there could be way more. I want to give everyone enough elbow room but I don't want to blow my budget and over book. 

Also, can I use that same room for after the wedding for me and FI, or do should I book a different one?

Re: Booking hotels in advance for getting ready

• Yes, you can use the same room for after the wedding, it might make your life easier because you can just leave your over night bag there. 

You probably only need one room to get ready, assuming standard sized hotel rooms. To give you an idea, we had me, my 4 bridesmaids, my mom, grandmother, aunt, and brothers' girlfriends, and two hair dressers do their hair in our kitchen and make up in my mother's bathroom. All about the size of a hotel room. My best friend's wedding- we had her, her mom, 3 bridesmaids, mother in law, and an aunt or two do make up and dress in a room that was about hotel sized. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • 1 room should be fine and yes you can use that room on your wedding night.  

What differentiates an average host and a great host is anticipating unexpressed needs and wants of their guests.  Just because the want/need is not expressed, doesn't mean it wouldn't be appreciated. 
  • My fiance and I have a suite booked for two nights--the night before and the night of.  I'm going to get ready there, and I have 4 bridesmaids and my mom who will be with us along with one hairstylist and one make up person.  I looked at the regular sized rooms, and I didn't know if we'd have enough space.  But honestly, I'm also someone who hates crowded places and not having enough space gives me anxiety.  I think you should be fine in that room, but it might help to go and look at the space to figure out what you would feel comfortable with.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • So I just began to look at hotels for the night before the wedding, I wanted a suite it will be 4 bm, 1 flower girl, me my mom and FMIL getting ready.  I'm trying to find a suite so it's enough room for all of us and I want to have bagels, donuts and mimosas as snacks and breakfast while getting ready too.

Anniversary

• Thanks! Do hotels actually let you look in person at rooms they have (suite vs regular) before you book? A suite would be perfect for 2 nights!
  • JSTexas22 said:
    Thanks! Do hotels actually let you look in person at rooms they have (suite vs regular) before you book? A suite would be perfect for 2 nights!
    They should, if they're legit. I would email or call ahead and let them know what you're trying to do, so they can let you know if there's a vacancy/no vacancy when you want to stop by.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Is your wedding at the hotel?

Yes, you can just book for a suite, generally they're higher priced anyway, so you just book for the largest suite they have if you want. I asked for a particular room because I've stayed there before and I like it. We'll have a room for grooms and his groomsmen to get ready and one for the girls. Don't forget the space the make up artist might need.
  • You can book more than one room then cancel if it isn't needed later... Just check hotel policy, but most allow you to cancel within 48 hrs
  • Awesome! Thanks ladies!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards