Wedding Etiquette Forum

Is it ever too late to send a thank you card?

FI and I went to Japan in October. My friend who lives there went out of her way to show us a great time- we stayed in a hotel but she took us to dinner and showed us around. I bought her a thank you card immediately. 
I could lie and say FI was supposed to mail the card but I'll be honest it was my fault. I didn't know how much postage was needed so I keep meaning to go to the post office but just never have the time. Should I still send it now or has it been too long? 

Re: Is it ever too late to send a thank you card?

• I honestly am not sure! However, if I were your friend, and I got a thank-you card in the mail unexpectedly, I think I'd be really happy and not offended.
    Anniversary
    now with ~* INCREASED SASSINESS *~
  • It is NEVER too late to send a thank-you card. Trust me, people who don't receive them remember that they didn't get them. I have friends who got married four years ago -- they didn't send a thank-you note for the hand-crocheted afghan I made them. You can bet your butt I am still irked about it. 

Send it now -- say you should have written it much sooner, but it slipped your mind, but you didn't want her to think you weren't grateful, because you are, and be very gushy about it.

Your friend will be pleased and it will be a weight off your conscience.
    Anniversary

I'm gonna go with 'not my circus, not my monkeys.'
  • Yep. Send it. 
  • I always send them. You can't send enough thank you cards!
  • Send it!  I got one at christmas time for a surprise shower I threw for my friend in March.  It was late, but she wrote that she kept thinking about it all the year and apologized for it being late, but that she was thankful all year and wanted to make sure i knew that. I felt good about it
    imageimageimage

You'll never be subject to a cash bar, gap, potluck wedding, or b-list if you marry a Muppet Overlord.
  • edited January 2014
    It's never too late for a thank you!  I just sent my thank you cards to my family for Christmas presents.  They bought us dance lessons for our wedding.  I am so excited o use the,.  Just give them an emphatic thank you, and apologize that the thank you note should have been sent sooner.
  • Never too late for thank you :)
  • Yes, it's never too late and they'll be pleasantly surprised.
  • thanks everyone I have it addressed and in my purse!!

• It's never too late for a thank you card. If it was in October, it's only been roughly six months anyway, which definitely isn't too late. I bet your friend will be thrilled when she gets it! :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards