Wedding Reception Forum
Options

make your own cocktail welcome bag

So I'm doing a make your own cocktail welcome bag for guests that have booked a room within our block and I originally was on a tighter budget and planned on including a bottle of diet coke with a mini jack daniels (my fi's favorite drink) and a bottle of coke with a mini bacardi (my favorite drink) and of course a note saying thank you and what not, but now im thinking i want to add a little more but im not sure what would go well. At first I thought a glass or something, maybe personalized but i felt like that would most likely be forgotten in the room. Any ideas? None of the guests are really out of towners so I don't want to include area maps or anything specific to the city.

Re: make your own cocktail welcome bag

• Options
    How about a small snack of some kind? 
    What did you think would happen if you walked up to a group of internet strangers and told them to get shoehorned by their lady doc?~StageManager14
  • Options
    Ditto Addie.

Depending on where you are, is there a favorite local place that would have a snack that's easy to pack?  We have an awesome cupcakery/bakery and a small shop that makes amazing flavored popcorn - something like that would probably be very appreciated.  
  • Options
    What about advil or alleve?
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    I agree with the snack idea.  For our welcome bags we put in a bag of Utz crab chips and some berger cookies.  Both of those items (especially the cookies) are Maryland/Baltimore staples.  Do you have any snacks where you live that are well known/staples?

• Options
    just do some little snacks, add a bottle water if you can. In my younger days I always liked the water and advil addition to the snacks. Keep in mind while you and FI like jack and rum, not all of your guests will so just know your audience before you waste your money.  I like rum, so I would like the addition though.  And personalized glasses are "cute" and all but not many people will keep a glass with your name and wedding date on it so I would skip that.  The hotel room will have a glass they can make the drink in.

Anniversary
  • Options
    erinlin25 said:
    just do some little snacks, add a bottle water if you can. In my younger days I always liked the water and advil addition to the snacks. Keep in mind while you and FI like jack and rum, not all of your guests will so just know your audience before you waste your money.  I like rum, so I would like the addition though.  And personalized glasses are "cute" and all but not many people will keep a glass with your name and wedding date on it so I would skip that.  The hotel room will have a glass they can make the drink in.
    yeah that is why we chose to not do the glasses, i know for a fact they supply plastic cups. As for the drinks the whole point was to share with the guests our favorite drinks, i'm obviously not going to buy each guests specific drink of choice, but i get what you are saying. I was thinking of having a care package for the next morning with some water and alka seltzer and asprin.
  • Options
    I think I'd tie together the coke and the rum and label it as "The Jane" or the "The John", or whatever your names are. And I'd have a note saying, "Welcome to our Wedding Weekend, enjoy our favorite drinks on us!" or something like that. I think you gotta package the spirit/mixer together in a way that you know it's your favorite drinks. 

I'd also include little water bottles, and individual pain killer pill packs for the next morning, I think that would be really cute. And finally, definitely add some snacks. Since your guests aren't from out of town, I don't think they should be local favorites, they should be YOUR favorites. And I'd package them similarly to the drinks, so guests would know whose favorites they are. Like, you could have a KitKat and M&Ms, and he could have Lays potato chips and Cracker Jacks, or something. Whatever your favorites are!
  • Options
    MandyMost said:
    I think I'd tie together the coke and the rum and label it as "The Jane" or the "The John", or whatever your names are. And I'd have a note saying, "Welcome to our Wedding Weekend, enjoy our favorite drinks on us!" or something like that. I think you gotta package the spirit/mixer together in a way that you know it's your favorite drinks. 

I'd also include little water bottles, and individual pain killer pill packs for the next morning, I think that would be really cute. And finally, definitely add some snacks. Since your guests aren't from out of town, I don't think they should be local favorites, they should be YOUR favorites. And I'd package them similarly to the drinks, so guests would know whose favorites they are. Like, you could have a KitKat and M&Ms, and he could have Lays potato chips and Cracker Jacks, or something. Whatever your favorites are!
    those are great ideas! thanks! his name actually is john, so you named the drink correctly!
  • Options
    Such a cute idea. I also like the ideas of small snacks, water bottles and Advil.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards