Honeymoon Discussions
Options

Things to do in Dominican Republic

My FI and I have decided to stay at Dreams Punta Cana in the Dominican Republic for our honeymoon. Has anyone else stayed there? We are trying to find some activities off of the resort to do one day, and didn't know if there was anything recommended? Going into a city, taking a tour, hiking, etc? We will be there 6 days in August. 

Re: Things to do in Dominican Republic

• Options
    We just got back tonight from Excellence Punta Cana and had a wonderful time.

We did the Reef Explorer at the Marinium, it was a half-day tour that included snorkeling with sting-rays, nurse sharks, kayaks, a 15 minute massage, snacks and sun loungers.  It was nice but a little long for me (but the sharks are awesome!!!)

If you or your FI likes cigars and/or chocolate there is a free tour of Don Lucas cigar factory and the chocolate museum.  There is no gimic, but it is hard to resist the gift shops.  :)  The free tour ended up costing us about $130 in cigars, tshirts, chocolate & rum.  lol

There are a ton of excursions available (zip lining, booze cruises, dune buggy rides, etc.) and the resorts all have tour agencies that sell excursions from the property.  It is cheaper to book straight with the tour company, but the convenience and flexibility of booking on property can be worth it.
    photo composite_14153800476219.jpg
  • Options
    We did the zip lining and it was AWESOME. We stayed at Excellence as well, but the zip lining is the same. We picked people up at Dreams I think. It does take up a whole day, though they say it's a half day. We left about 11 and got back about 5. Dunno if Dreams is like Excellence, but the pool closed at 6, so our day was done for to that extent. But, it was a lot of fun!
  • Options
    I recommend reading review on TripAdvisor and sites like that. When  I was there we did an island excursion that had snorkeling and things and it was awful. A total waste of the day and we go sick from the food.
  • Options
    I went to punta Cana last year and we did a couple of excursions that were a lot of fun. There was an off road tour that was great, we took off road vehicles to a "typical Dominican home" where they showed us how they made their main exports (chocolate, spices, and tobacco) and we got to sample everything they had a bunch of different flavored cigars if you or you FI smoke cigars. Then they brought us to a cave by a Dominican market where you could swim and the last stop of the tour was at a beautiful beach. The other excursion we took was my favorite we went out on a party boat which looked like a big pirate ship and that brought us to an area where we interacted with stingrays then swam with sharks. Then they brought us to a different area to snorkel. It was a great time and very reasonably priced.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards