Chit Chat

Rum o'clock, beer-thirty and wine forty-five all have passed

and I realized I have none of the above.  Nor a car to get any.

Bummer start to a weekend.

What differentiates an average host and a great host is anticipating unexpressed needs and wants of their guests.  Just because the want/need is not expressed, doesn't mean it wouldn't be appreciated. 

Re: Rum o'clock, beer-thirty and wine forty-five all have passed

• Boo!  FI usually works Fridays (evenings), and I'm trying to not spend money.  Luckily, after checking the fridge, I did find some yummy beer.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Nooooo! If it wasn't illegal, I would mail you wine. Express.

• DH will be home in a few hours.  I guess I will just have to wait.  

I do have a really, really nice Bordeaux.  It's too nice to drink without DH.

What differentiates an average host and a great host is anticipating unexpressed needs and wants of their guests.  Just because the want/need is not expressed, doesn't mean it wouldn't be appreciated. 
  • lyndausvi said:
    DH will be home in a few hours.  I guess I will just have to wait.  

I do have a really, really nice Bordeaux.  It's too nice to drink without DH.
    I have a really, really nice Cab Franc that I'd love to drink without FI because I know I appreciate it more, but I'll refrain haha

• lyndausvilyndausvi mod
    First Anniversary First Answer 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    edited January 2014
    Well DH really likes Bordeaux.  Plus the guy who gave it to us is really a client of DH's.   Would be mean to open it without him.    I will save it for when (if) he gets the job offer.

ETA - stupidity 

• lyndausvi said:
    Well DH really likes Bordeaux.  Please the guy who gave it to us is really a client of DH's.   Would be mean to open it without him.    I will save it for when (if) get gets the job offer.
    Hmm alright. In this scenario, I approve of sharing the wine haha

• edited February 2014
    DH's friend gave us a very nice pinot noir for Christmas. DH is making me wait to share it with him.

I am not a fan of waiting.

ETA: fix auto correct for spelling mistake because my smartypants phone doesn't recognise wine names.
    Anniversary

I'm gonna go with 'not my circus, not my monkeys.'
  • Sharing means caring, ladies. We all get points for waiting ;)

I like wine. I'll pretty much drink anything that's decent…but if I had my druthers (and a shit ton of money), I'd definitely be a wine snob. We had a 1987 Mondavi Reserve Cab for Christmas and poor FI was feeling well so only had a glass. Might maybe (not) have felt bad for enjoying the rest ;)

Sendin' y'all a virtual glass ~ cheers!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • I knew nothing about wine until I spent a year working for a winery when I was 19. I learned so much and fell in love with wine and never looked back.

I try not to be a snob about it, but it's difficult at times because I really know what I like and what I don't. There are times when I wish I could go back to $9 bottles of wine and think they were great, but I just can't bring myself to do it haha. I also cringe when FI says, "They all taste the same." I'm slooooowly educating his palate ;)

• My FI won't buy us a bottle tonight :( Something about him having to work tomorrow morning... 
  • @vollebell Whaaaaa?? But YOU don't have to work in the morning, right? ;)

• Oh God, after having dinner with my mother, I need an industrial sized bottle of tequila. I swear, I have no idea how I turned out so "normal"...
    ~*~*~*~*~

• Well DH came home, we went to the local dive bar (a block away) and have a few drinks. It was nice, we talked about the potential new job.  Basically a nice break from the normal day-to-day.

Hope everyone had a nice Friday night.

• I feel guilty I started drinking with a former coworker at noon. I'm also horrible at waiting on wine if its in the house I will drink it. FI bought a dr bottles last weekend and hid them for our future at home date nights or I will finish them while doing dishes.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards