Wedding Photography and Videography Forum

Wedding Cinematography/Videography Standard?

Hi! Please, help me. I'm trying to educate my husband that it is standard for wedding cinematographers/videographers to record food at a wedding.

So, food at a wedding is a standard/regular detail of a wedding that cinematographers/videographers record. This is correct?

We didn't need to specifically ask them to record video of our food, correct?

Re: Wedding Cinematography/Videography Standard?

• kate+PJC said:
    Hi! Please, help me. I'm trying to educate my husband that it is standard for wedding cinematographers/videographers to record food at a wedding.

So, food at a wedding is a standard/regular detail of a wedding that cinematographers/videographers record. This is correct?

We didn't need to specifically ask them to record video of our food, correct?
    @kate+PJC

I have never seen a video done where the food was recorded. I may be wrong but I have been to a lot of weddings and seen a lot of videos and don't remember the food being in it. No one really cares about the food after the fact. They want to look back and remember how it was celebrating with family and friends
  • We didn't have a videographer, so I'm not sure.  But if you have any doubts, I would ask your videographer to be on the safe side.  Nothing can be assumed.  
  • The cake (and cake cutting) should be on the list, but I don't remember seeing the food on any I've seen.
    photo composite_14153800476219.jpg
  • Most videographers will get the cake and cake cutting for sure - but unless you request to get the food, the answer is most likely, no, they will not record it. If you have a dessert/candy table, 50/50 but I would still ask if you want it. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards