Flowers
Options

Second Guessing

Ok... I am 3 months out and second guessing the choices we made... I don't think I would be this nervous about it if she would be willing to make sample bouquets...The bouquet we picked is shown in one color, but I am getting it in purple, so i want to see how it will look when done... Its driving me nuts.

Suggestions anyone?

Re: Second Guessing

• Options
    Has she flat out refused to make a sample bouquet? I used to work for a florist and we would rarely make samples of bouquets or centerpieces for our brides. If you like your florists work and trust that she is a good designer then you really have nothing to worry about.

• Options
    manateehuggermanateehugger member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited February 2014
    I didn't and wont get a sample from my florist. I'm trusting by my interaction with her, the photo I gave her, and her hundreds of positive reviews that I'll be happy with what I get. 

If she's got a picture to replicate and she's good at what she does, you'll be fine. 
  • Options
    I'll agree with what they ladies above said, trust her reviews and abilities. I worked at a flower farm for a while, and sometimes suppliers or direct customers would requests samples that we simply couldn't give because they were out of season and we didn't have them yet. 
  • Options
    Yep, I'm with @PDKH. It didn't even occur to me to request a sample bouquet, and in the end, my florist blew me away with everything she put together. It was way prettier than anything I might've thought to ask for. Try to trust the professional you hired.
  • Options
    Its not that I don't trust her! Really she is fantastic. I have personal reviews from friends who had her as their florist. I am second guessing my judgement because the bouquet looks beautiful in the blue that the picture is in... but I want it in purple.
  • Options
    She's a florist who does weddings, and does them well then. She knows the difference between blue and purple and how important it is to a bride to have the right color bouquet. 

Just relax. 
  • Options
    Also - sorry, don't mean to be rude, but you've got major venue issues. Stop thinking about your bouquet and start handling your venue ASAP.
  • Options
    haha Yea PDKH- Finally got a hold of someone there, had a few words about lack of customer service, especially when I signed on good faith to someone who seemed far more commited to the job. They are opening their doors tomorrow for me to get in with the florist so she can design the inside. I love my florist <3 really I couldn't have asked for someone better. I am second guessing my own judgement, not what she is going to do. Something may look good in one color, but not another. The bouquet attached above is the blue version of my bouquet.
  • Options
    I didn't see a sample of my bouquet. We talked about colors and she made some suggestions for kinds of flowers, and I trusted my florist completely. 

What did you think would happen if you walked up to a group of internet strangers and told them to get shoehorned by their lady doc?~StageManager14
  • Options
    KD+AR said:
    Its not that I don't trust her! Really she is fantastic. I have personal reviews from friends who had her as their florist. I am second guessing my judgement because the bouquet looks beautiful in the blue that the picture is in... but I want it in purple.
    I will tell you that the majority of the flowers in that bouquet that are blue are called blue delphinium. Delphinium does not come in purple. So your florist will have to substitute that flower with something else, maybe larkspur or stock. So if you want that exact bouquet look then you won't be getting that if you change from blue to purple.

The other bluish flowers (the round ones...the name is not coming to me) your florist could replace those with lisianthus which do come in very pretty dark purple and white with purple tips.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards