Flowers
Options

DIY Flowers

Hi!

I am getting married on a farm in August and I really want to use wildflowers grown on the farm for my wedding flowers. The way the farm sells flowers, we can either pay about $2000 for them to take care of the flowers or $65/bucket for just loose flowers to arrange ourselves (not sure how big the buckets are, but it would definitely be a LOT cheaper, and we don't have much of a budget for flowers).

Does anyone have experience with a wedding that used DIY floral arrangement? How hard is it to arrange flowers for simple table arrangements and a bridal bouquet? I am thinking of just having the bridesmaids carry single sunflowers.

I'm not a fussy person. I just want my wedding to have a lot of colorful flowers! But I also don't want to be stressed out about it on my wedding day.

Re: DIY Flowers

• Options
    It's not too hard, though it can be time-consuming. It's definitely easier (and more fun) if people volunteer to help you. Here are a bunch of simple tutorials that might help.
  • Options
    Thank you! 
  • Options
    I'll have my bridesmaids, my family and his family with me for a few days before the wedding, so I'm sure some of them will want to help. I'll just educate myself on it :-).
  • Options
    emmyg65 said:
    It's not too hard, though it can be time-consuming. It's definitely easier (and more fun) if people volunteer to help you. Here are a bunch of simple tutorials that might help.

I haven't seen that site before, thank you for posting it! it's a huge help I'm also trying to determine whether or not to DIY the flowers, but this is making me feel better, haha! Good luck @garion! Post photos when they're done :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    lucky2bjtlucky2bjt member
    5 Love Its First Comment
    edited July 2014
    This is very do-able, especially since wild flowers look best, in my opinion, in unstudied arrangements. However, it can be time consuming, someone needs to bring the supplies, and it happens on day of wedding unless farm will provide flower refrigeration. Consider this. I have done this chore for five or six weddings, it takes about 3-4 hours with 4 or 5 people. 15 -20 or so tables, carrying bouquets, but have never attempted bouts or corsages. Transporting can be problem, much easier to do this on site if possible.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards