March 2015 Weddings
Options

"Checks!!"

How is the planning coming along ladies?? My FI and I hit a few major "checks" over the weekend!!

- Sent in deposits for Photobooth, DJ, and Photographer
- Picked out our lighting/rental company and waiting on a contract from them

And we are meeting with a florist this Saturday! It's exciting getting things done!
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: "Checks!!"

• Options
    We got engaged back in August of 2013, so I have a lot done since then. I've only just remembered that I signed up on theknot and just found these boards. So excited!

-Venue booked - deposit down, 2 payment paid
    -DJ booked - deposit down
    -Videoagrapher booked - deposit down
    -Photographer booked - deposit getting paid this weekend and we are also setting up our date to do our engagement shoot :)
    -Dress - found and paid by my mother, which I am so grateful for. I "accidentally" found my dress lol. I walked into a salon after many recommendations for the shop, planning to knock them off my list because I assumed they were out of my budget. Turns out I found the dress on the discontinued rack for half off! I was by myself, which sent me into a panic, thinking my mother was going to blow her stack. I brought her back with my bridesmaid to show them and purchase the dress. My mother pulled one over on me and purchased it while I was getting changed. She is awesome.
    -Flowers - meeting with my "florist" next week. I am doing paper flowers out of music sheet paper.

Love checking things off of the list. Makes me warm and fuzzy :D
  • Options
    ha. you guys are so aheadof me!!! wehave a day. thats it.
  • Options
    We just booked our venue over the weekend! It included a caterer, so that's selected, as well.
    My mom won a DJ's services in a charity auction, so we'll be using him.
    I also have my dress. To save myself from over-visiting it and my FI from being tempted to look at it, it's living at my parents' house. The wedding will be in their town, anyway.
    Now that there's a venue, I'm definitely starting to feel quite excited!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    We booked our florist this weekend and decided on all floral related things and centerpieces. Hooray for a productive weekend!!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Can we be wedding buddies?!! Hahaha. 

Getting stuff done is such a good feeling! 

Nothing official for me to check off right now, but tomorrow morning 2 of my 3 ladies and I have an appointment to look at bridesmaid dresses!! I'm super excited! The one left out lives 1700 miles away so we're trying to work everything out where we look, then she goes and looks, that way we can all decide together. :)

Also contacting vendors for photobooth information and not really making any leeway, lol! 

That's about it for me right now!! Yay flowers! I just asked you about that in the other post!
  • Options
    @gcwoolwedding it can definitely be overwhelming!!! So many vendors and quotes and decisions!! I just attacked them one by on, and suddenly I had them all done! We got engaged in September and essentially all the major components are done. What style BM dresses are you thinking?? Color?? I'm so excited I go shopping with my girls but that won't be till summer, so I'll live vicariously through your experience for now!! :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    @tcnoble

We have so much done already so there isn't much to do now! I hate it lol :( 

Bill Levkoff 740 was the winner, well for now! I'm waiting for my far away bridesmaid to try it on and tell me what she thinks. I think it's the one though. In navy!! :)
  • Options
    @gcwoolwedding HAHA I sh*t you not that is the exact same dress I am wearing for my best friend's wedding this summer, except in gray. We ordered them but I haven't gotten it yet. Good choice!!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Well...we chose a date, we have a guest list....yea thats about it lol
  • Options
    We have the venue picked and deposit paid so that is a big thing to check off! My next thing to tackle is the photographer. Hoping to make a few appointments will local photographers this week or next!
  • Options
    wow.  we have a date picked.  started our paper flowers & I've talked to our photographer and told her I'd give her our deposit when we go for spring pictures.  We also have a family friend who is making our cake.  Other than that we have nothing done!  Some of you ladies are super wedding planners!!
  • Options
    We have the place reserved and a quote for a caterer. That's about it. I have a few photographers I need to contact.
  • Options
    gogracegograce member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment Name Dropper
    We've had our venue booked for two months now (includes officiant, DJ, food, and drinks). But, today I hit another milestone in wedding planning: purchasing my wedding dress! :D
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    tcnobletcnoble member
    First Comment First Anniversary First Answer 5 Love Its
    @gograce congrats!!! It's beautiful!!! I'm going shopping June 7 and slightly terrified. How many did you try on??
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    gogracegograce member
    @tcnoble‌ I believe I tried on a total of five different dresses. This was the first one my mom gasped at on the rack (I think, kind of doubting that now and thinking she loved a really poofy bottom dress that was pretty but just not it) and the very first one I tried on. You'll find what you're looking for. Go in with some pictures, but knowing you may not try on every dress in you photos (I tried on 2 out of my 7 pictures). If at all possible, try on closest to your size! And only bring a small group. I've got six bridesmaids, a ton of female cousins I adore, and a nosey FMIL, but I only invited my mom and sister to come with me. That was the best choice. No one influencing my opinion in a weird way, just their honest support. :) You'll find something you love.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    tcnobletcnoble member
    First Comment First Anniversary First Answer 5 Love Its
    @gograce I have watched way too much Say Yes to the Dress and I think I have unrealistic expectations! lol I'm bringing 6 people which is more than I would have liked, but I have 2 sisters, a FSIL, my mother and FMIL, and my best friend here. I know everyone advises against bringing so many but I really couldn't not include any of them, and they all have great attitudes about this being about what I want in a dress not everyone else... so I think it will work out okay. I'm worried about sizes because I'm not tiny (street size 14-16) and I'm worried they won't have something close enough that will give me an idea of how it will really look. I have 7-8 pictures I think, but having never tried on wedding dresses before I'm just really not sure what I will end up liking, which is part of the excitement and nervousness of it all! Eeeeek!! :) Thanks for your words of encouragement! 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    gogracegograce member
    I went to davids bridal and only printed pictures of the "plus sized" dresses. I tried on 18s and 20s. I'm sure wherever you go, they'll have something for you!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    We have venue booked, dress and veil ordered, and just booked dj yesterday. Can't go dress shopping for bridesmaids until August due to schedules. My mom has a friend who is a florist, so we will be using her (but still have to get in contact with her). The venue has their own caterer and baker so the food/cake and drinks are done.
  • Options
    We're meeting with our last prospective photographer tonight, and will hopefully make a decision there this weekend. And I think we've picked our 'stationary' out, or have a strong favorite at least!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards