Florida-North Florida

Help! Venue search

Hi there!

I've been searching high and low for a venue in Florida that isn't way overpriced. We're looking for a location to have an outdoor ceremony & tented reception at a big grassy area next to the water. An old southern-feel with big trees would be perfect, but not resort-like. 

I'd prefer a venue that's more flexible with using outside vendors and doesn't have outrageous service charges. 

Any suggestions would be much appreciated :)

Re: Help! Venue search

• My wedding is going to be at the Winterbourne Inn in Jacksonville, and I'm super excited about it! They have a huge grassy lawn right on the river, and there is an old house on the property I am using for the reception. Very southern feel.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • The Amelia Island Golf Club!  My daughter was married there this past Saturday.  Moss covered live oaks, tree lined drives....beautiful!  The service was on the beach with the reception at the Beach Club.  (steps from the beach)  We did use some outside vendors, but found the beach clubs rates amazingly fair.  The buffet dinner was perfection..the staff was extremely friendly, but also very professional.  The planner, Kellie, takes care of meeting your vendors, band/DJs, bakery...everything.  We basically just showed up!  The servers whisked away anything in seconds.  They magically appeared at the tables before you realized you needed something.  First look pictures were done at the beautiful golf club..then more at the beach.  I cannot say enough about our experience!  They also offer the golf club as a rain out venue....so all bases are covered!  (gotta add that they golf club is a work of art!)
  • Check out Eden Gardens! It's got a huge grassy field and lots of giant trees! Plenty of room for a wedding. It even has a flower garden area. Did I mention it's also on the water? Best of luck!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards