Texas-Dallas and Ft. Worth
Options

Oh no....another woman who can't hang things in her venue...but I need to, so how??

So my Hubby to be and I are getting Married later this year in a really wonderful venue that has everything we could have hoped for, except for one thing, a way to hang items from the ceiling or wall in the reception area. We were really hoping to add our own personal touch to the room, and hang mini chandeliers above our tables.

We have some specific decorating no-no's though: "Nothing may be attached to walls, ceiling, floors, tables, chairs, or to any other items with nails, pins, staples, tacks, glue, or tape. Any type of double stick-tape is not allowed anywhere"....
        And before anyone goes and starts recommending those wonderful 3M hooks we all love so much (I use them constantly) these have been specifically addressed.....                   "Because of defective 3M products, they are no longer allowed without special permission and an additional deposit". 
Unfortunately there aren't really any edges near the wall to attach things to either, there are columns if I need to wrap around them, but I was hoping to get just a little closer to the ceiling as the columns are below beams, and there is piping that runs along the inside of them, which I am also forbidden to attach anything to, even in the lightest weight. 

So there you see my dilemma, I am pretty much out of options...so any workable idea would be more than welcome. 

Re: Oh no....another woman who can't hang things in her venue...but I need to, so how??

• Options
    I'm guessing those pipes I see on the ceiling are part of the sprinkler system, and probably not an option for hanging anything?

What about uplighting and pipe and drape along the walls?
    Anniversary

• Options
    Yes, it is a sprinkler system, so therefore, no hanging from it.(Sadly, as that would make things far easier lol) I'm not looking to drape along the walls though, I'm looking for a way to suspend from the ceiling. So I either need a way to hang straight down from the ceiling, or create a fishing line network along the ceiling that I can attach things to. The lighting in the room is already pretty good, and we are planning to stick to mostly battery operated candles as opposed to doing much uplighting, not to mention we are sticking to as small a budget as we can muster, and uplighting is pretty much bottom of the list when it comes to things we care about. lol. 

That does give me one idea though, perhaps I can create some kind of simple pole that can act as an anchor at the sides and corners for some line. 

Any other suggestions are still welcome. :D
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards