Registry and Gift Forum

Officially started our Macy's registry!

We'd had our Macy's registry online for a while now (I opened it for a contest) and tonight we went to the store and got our kit and began looking around the store. FI was like a kid in a candy store, it was adorable! We only got through the kitchen and glassware area but we enjoyed it a lot. 

Since they do not have much variety in appliances we are going with a BB&B registry as well just so we can register for items we really want instead of settling. 

Thanks for the pointers in my previous posts and other ladies' posts

Re: Officially started our Macy's registry!

• JaniV123 said:
    We'd had our Macy's registry online for a while now (I opened it for a contest) and tonight we went to the store and got our kit and began looking around the store. FI was like a kid in a candy store, it was adorable! We only got through the kitchen and glassware area but we enjoyed it a lot. 

Since they do not have much variety in appliances we are going with a BB&B registry as well just so we can register for items we really want instead of settling. 

Thanks for the pointers in my previous posts and other ladies' posts
    @JaniV123

You're welcome and I think going with BB&B is a good choice. We went with BB&B and Target.
  • We went with Macy's and BBB as well.  They were both great registries and provided a lot of options.
  • Be sure that you update your Macy's registry online every month or so - i have found that sometimes, they will have the same item that you registered for, but the "this year's model" will have a slightly different serial number, so what will happen is the one that you scanned at the store will say "no longer available online" on your registry, when all you really need to do is search for the item online and add the "newer" version to your registry and delete the "older" one.

This happened to me with a KitchenAid crockpot, a Dyson hand-vac, and a Keurig.  So just be aware and make sure you check in with your registry online before shower invitations go out.  Otherwise Macy's is great!

• If you have a Macy's credit card make sure it is linked to your registry.  Free money!  :)
    photo composite_14153800476219.jpg
  •  

AprilH81 said:
    If you have a Macy's credit card make sure it is linked to your registry.  Free money!  :)

I seriously didn't want to get the credit card when we registered but i did it anyway...and i'm super happy i did, because last night we received over $1k worth of luggage off of the registry from FMIL (for no reason...i mean the shower isn't even happening for another 2 months).  Yay for free money!  And also for new luggage!
  • @AprilH81 and @delujm0

we are linking my grandmother's macy's card to the registry. 

@audubonbride2013 and other ladies

did you register for the dreamfund card? They registered for us but I believe they must also be able to cancel it if we decide later on to not have it. She said it was for people who did not find things they wanted to purchase on the registry but wanted to give money or a gift card it would be put there. IDK we prefer to recieve the money and spend it in whatever store we like and not have that gift money be tied to macy's/. WDYT?

• AprilH81AprilH81 member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited February 2014
    JaniV123 said:
    @AprilH81 and @delujm0

we are linking my grandmother's macy's card to the registry. 

@audubonbride2013 and other ladies

did you register for the dreamfund card? They registered for us but I believe they must also be able to cancel it if we decide later on to not have it. She said it was for people who did not find things they wanted to purchase on the registry but wanted to give money or a gift card it would be put there. IDK we prefer to recieve the money and spend it in whatever store we like and not have that gift money be tied to macy's/. WDYT?

I would NOT do the dreamfund, it is asking for money which is rude.  If your guests don't like your registry items or want to include a gift card they don't need to be told that gift cards are a good gift.  :)
  • I declined the dreamfund...if people want to give me money i would much prefer a check that i could spend on anything i want rather than be beholden to Macy's.
  • exactly! thanks I think that on our next visit to continnue the registry we will ask for it to be cancelled. 

@AprilH81 I know right? while she was explaining I was like "why would you tell someone to give us money if they dont like the gifts? that is rude" she did it so fast that we had little time to process and we just went with it, but I kept thinking about it and I honestly dont want it

• @janiv123

Yeah, they gave me the same speech and I did my best to not roll my eyes at her.  They just want to sell gift cards (that they hope are never used), they don't care about being polite.
  • AprilH81 said:
    @janiv123

Yeah, they gave me the same speech and I did my best to not roll my eyes at her.  They just want to sell gift cards (that they hope are never used), they don't care about being polite.

Used to work at Macy*s...and the Dream Fund is a Genius Idea!...for the marketing team that came up with it, anyway. It's the most cost-effective way to get tax-free money from customers that cannot be used by the B/G anywhere else! Before the Dream Fund, people had to buy separate gift cards for the B/G-and those cards cost money to produce! But having just 1 Gift Card...amazing!

I actually accepted the card but need to remove it from the registry-I will be keeping the cute card though, and hang it right above my piggy bank!

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • why would someone who wants to give you money be printing up your registry to begin with? People are so afraid that they won't get enough cash... THAT is tacky if you ask me.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards