Registry and Gift Forum

Dinner 4 Two "give aways"

I just got a call from Dinner 4 Two. They were at a bridal show I attended about a month ago, & entered a "drawing". I got a call from a lady saying that me & my fiancé won 2 free toasting glasses, Free wedding band sets, and a 3day-2night all inclusive honeymoon stay of our choice. We we are signed up to attend this show/expo thing on Feb. 9th and I just wanted to be prepared for when I go. It sounds amazing, but I am afraid that it isn't true. Does anyone have experience with this who went to the expo? Did you really receive the items you "won for free" or is there a trick?

Re: Dinner 4 Two "give aways"

• I actually got a similar call to that.  It was for this pots and pans thing called Table Charms.  We went to it (there were 3 other couples there), saw the little presentation or whatever, the got the gift card for two free wedding bands from JVL Jewelry.com as well as a thing for a couple nights stay in certain hotels in certain cities across the country.  We have ordered the wedding bands (you have to pay shipping) and they already arrived.  They only offered alternative metals, though, so we are going to sell the one because I want a gold ring.  However, the prices for these pots and pans were absolutely ridiculous as if you Google 'surgical stainless steel water-less cookware' you can buy sets for a heck of a lot cheaper.  
  • I got a call from them too but did not call back. It all seemed scammy and like there would be hidden agenda somewhere so I just let the calls come and go.  Don't know if that was the case, but I have heard many of them are so H and I decided not to entertain any of them.

Anniversary
  • It is my understanding that you have to sit through a high-pressure sales presentation.  At the end of the presentation you are given your gift certificates/vouchers for your "free gifts."  Rings from JVL jewelry in a non-traditional metal (tungsten, titanium, etc.) and you still have to pay for shipping.  A previous poster had mentioned paying $25 processing & handling per ring, I don't know if it's still that expensive or not.  The honeymoon vouchers don't include airfare and are essentially hotel vouchers for specific hotels with a lot of black-out dates.  

TL;DR: Yes you do get the "gifts" but there are a lot of stipulations and you have to sit through a sales presentation to get them.  If you go in with low expectations you may be pleasantly surprised :)
    Formerly known as flutterbride2b
  • I just got a call from them a few days ago, and they left a message saying I won a free bridal package. I had to call back quickly because there "were only 25 left." I looked them up afterwards and saw a lot of bad reviews. I do not feel like sitting through any presentations for some free toasting glasses. If I am going on a free vacation I do not really feel like spending money on airfare so its not worth it to me.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards