Texas-Houston

Houston Garden Wedding

Any one have any great suggestions for place for an outdoor garden wedding in Houston?
Or have opinions on the places I have listed?

I have so far:
Avant Garden - looks good haven't seen yet
Gardens at Bammel Lane - would require a lot DIY
River Oaks Graden Club The Forum - looks great haven't been yet
Houston Zoo - kinda expensive
5226 Elm - really expensive
The Parador - expensive

Any comments are appreciated!
Thanks!
Sharon

Re: Houston Garden Wedding

• and Tiny Boxwoods - looks beautiful! but they only do Sundays.
  • hnkirk81hnkirk81 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Answer First Comment
    edited February 2014
    I looked at Avant Gardens and really loved the funky feel. My fiancé was not as keen on it because he kept imagining what his Nana would think of the place! It's also kind of small, and broken up into several areas, so I'd recommend it for a smaller wedding. The owner was great, though, and so was the price!  I also looked at he Gardens of Bammel Lane, and I was truly in love with it. I eventually had to let go of the idea of having it there, though, because of the size of our guest list. I think the DYI aspect is not too bad - if you're renting tables and chairs you can probably have them set up for you, and a few friends or family members can help with décor. The place is so beautiful, I don't think it needs a lot.  5226 Elm was beautiful, but when I asked for clarification on whether the quote I received included tables and chairs, and was told no, I immediately crossed them off my list. Ridiculously expensive! I did see them featured on Tanked on Animal Planet:http://www.animalplanet.com/tv-shows/tanked/videos/reveal-dwyane-wades-sneaker-tank.htm so that's kind of cool, I guess.   Good luck
  • Thanks @hnkirk81! I really like the pictures of the Gardens of Bammel Lane.  We are looking at roughly 100 people so it might be the right size.  We are also looking at having it in March 2015, so I'm a tad nervous about wanting an outdoor garden wedding for the weather.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards