New York-Long Island

Danfords in Port Jeff

Im in pre-planning mode; ring is selected, and I think we will want to have a very short engagement (talking Summer wedding!) so just started to look around to get an idea on costs so we can get right into booking once everything is official!!

Just wondering if anyone has any experience with Danfords in Port Jeff? This looks like a really cute venue from their website, but not much info out there on what they offer and costs. Reviews on tripadvisor and yelp all over the place but only a few of the rveiews focus on events held there. Doesnt seem like they have alot of weddings there; there isnt even anything about them on the Knot boards!!

If this is not a recommended place, I would love suggestions.  We are thinking 15-20 guests. Would love something on the beach or close access to the beach. One thing I really liked about Danfords was the outdoor setting on the pier for a relaxed reception.

(and in case anyone has checked my profile, yes, also thinking Pittsburgh might be an option. But since we live in NY and the BF is from the island, thinking Long Island is a better choice!)

Re: Danfords in Port Jeff

• Congrats!! I have eaten at Danford's before with my family (about 12 people), and we all had mixed opinions on our food.  The location is right in the heart of Port Jeff which is really nice.  The room upstairs has a wonderful view of the sound.  Some things to consider is that parking is not so wonderful especially in the summer time, but I am pretty sure Danford's offers valet.  I do not have any experience with planning a party with them.

There is a beach close by which is kind of small (I don't know if you have ever seen it before) but it is cute. You have to walk through a parking lot to get to it.  If it is during high tide the beach is very small, sometimes you can't walk on it. 

I love the pier that Danford's sits on.  During the summer time I walk up and down this pier almost every week and just look at the yachts and the awesome views.  I have heard of some weddings here, but I usually hear about other kinds of parties such as Sweet Sixteens and Graduations. 

I hope this helps a little bit! I work in Port Jeff so I am very familiar with the area! Happy planning :)

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards