Ohio-Cleveland

Catholic Church on Westside of Cleveland

I'm semi new to Cleveland and even newer to the westside. We are looking to get married in a Catholic church and in turn join this church for the future. We are planning on visiting some of the churches but I wanted to ask if anyone had suggestions. Thanks!

Re: Catholic Church on Westside of Cleveland

• What Area On The West Side?
  • West side is a huge span- might help to narrow it down by location especially if you plan to attend regularly. St. Adalberts in Berea is very nice. It's very non pressure, come as you want. We actually haven't found a church that compares since moving to Michigan.
    Anniversary

imagebam.com
  • Mary Queen of Peace is quite beautiful.  It's on Pearl Rd. in Old Brooklyn. 
    St. Leo's, also in Old Brooklyn, on Broadview Rd. is more modern (as far as the building itself) but I haven't set foot in there in many many years.
    But I agree with the above post, the west side of Cleveland is pretty large! These two are in the neighborhood I grew up in.
  • I'm looking in Avon, Avon Lake, Westlake, Bay Village area. Thanks!
  • I church hopped for awhile too, but finally found and joined St. Colman Church on West 65th in the Detroit Shoreway area.   It is a beautiful old church, but more important for me was the feeling and sense of community there.   I joinede and we got married there despite the distance from my home, and I continue to like it and the work they do in the community.

It is outside of your target area, but may be worth a look if you continue to search.  It was for us.  Good luck!
  • I would recommend St. Christopher's in Rocky River (went to grade school there and will be having our wedding there next year). It is a nice family atmosphere church with a variety of masses and good music. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards