Military Brides

Pre-marital counseling - long distance

Hi all!

I'm having a bit of a dilemma pertaining to the military and I thought maybe someone around here could help. 

I REALLY REALLY REALLY want to do pre-marital counseling. I think it's important that we have those types of discussions before our wedding. FI's down to do it as well. But, as you might expect, we're long-distance right now until the wedding. We live on opposite coasts and trips to see each other are few and far between, partially because of the cost of plane tickets, and partially because he's saving his leave days for our wedding and honeymoon and I'm saving my vacation for wedding related trips (because we're actually getting married a place that isn't close to either of us).

So obviously, traditional pre-marriage counseling isn't an option. 

I've done what I can to research this, because there's no way we're the first couple to run into this. I haven't seen many solutions.

One website provided an extensive list of questions that we can go over together, stuff that's usually covered in pre-martial counseling. We're definitely going to do it, but I think it's important to have an impartial third party with experience in counseling involved as well (if we can pull that off). My sister gave a book she read before getting married that she thinks is helpful, and I got the military edition of the love languages book. I was just wondering if other people have this problem and if so, what solutions they found. 

Obviously, there's no miracle answer that can make this happen, but I'm trying to find as many creative solutions as I can so that we can figure out what works best for us. 

Any suggestions?

Thanks!

Re: Pre-marital counseling - long distance

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards