May 2014 Weddings
Options

Ready to scream so I'll just do it here....**UPDATE**

edited February 2014 in May 2014 Weddings
Besides FMIL being a pain wedding planning has been pretty stress free till now. My bridal shower invites went out a few days ago. Turns out my cousins wife. Yes wife is having her bridal shower the day before mine so family members are up in arms. They're getting "married" aka PPD 6 days after my wedding. They will be married for almost a year by the time the PPD happens. Her family didn't tell anyone when her shower was and visa versa. In reality it's not a big deal. But now my other cousin posted a pic of both invites on Facebook. "How funny. I got the same invite on the same day and the showers are a day apart". My shower was supposed to be a surprise. Way to go genius. I've had a 2 year engagement and my moms been busting her ass getting this surprise shower together for it just to be ruined. I sent cousin a FB message asking her to take the photo down. Let's see how that goes. Thankfully my mom doesn't have FB but I don't want anyone saying that they saw this pic. Ugh annoying.
Pregnancy Ticker

Re: Ready to scream so I'll just do it here....**UPDATE**

• Options
    Man that really stinks! I hate when other people post my business on their Facebook page. Luckily, most of my friends know how I feel about that and so they don't do it. I hope your Mom doesn't hear that the surprise was ruined. 
  • Options
    That's really frustrating! I would definitely ask her to take the photo down...

I enjoy social media (Pinterest addict...guilty!) but sometimes I think things go WAY too far. No one needs to know about shower dates and times. From someone posting on my Facebook "100 days to go!" I've had several church members ask about when they're getting their invitations...ummm, not happening, and makes me feel awkward and ungenerous. 

Btw, scream into a pillow, it does help! :)
    Anniversary
  • Options
    i prefer to throw things when im angry...and stomp my geet like im 5. Makes me feel tons better!lol
  • Options
    Ugh.  FI and I had a talk about what wedding stuff will and will not be posted.  Pretty much he and I agreed on what was okay and not okay without really discussing it.  Like for instance, in one of our engagement photos we have our wedding date written in the sand in front of us...that photo is not online.  I don't talk about wedding stuff at all on FB for two reasons.  1.) Nobody cares.  Its FI and my wedding day not theirs, so they really don't care. 2.) I don't want people who aren't invited to see important information.  As to your cousin, that sucks!  I can't believe she did that, since I'm pretty damn sure on your invite it said something to the effect of it being a surprise.  Surprise means, don't post on FB for all the world and ESPECIALLY the person who you're surprising to see.  I would be pretty damn pissed too.
    Anniversary
  • Options
    Bleh. That sucks. Have a kitten.

Anniversary
  • Options
    Wow that's so annoying. Scream away!! 
  • Options
    Similar experience here. FH's cousin announced she was pregnant AT my engagement part. Now, she's scheduling her baby shower the same weekend as my bridal shower. Oh, and her due date is literally the day before our wedding. Ok, so that part she can't help, but still... if she has the baby the day before the wedding, I can count on at least 10 people not showing up because they'll be at the hospital for this baby. Doesn't bug me too much at this point, really I can laugh about it now. Just kinda funny. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    So my aunt saw the invite picture on FB and called and told my mom.  Ugh!

After meeting with our priest last night we get a call from FMIL.  FI's cousin got married in JUNE and is having a "housewarming shower" the week before my shower.

I swear I just can't win!  
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    FutureMrsN3312
    A housewarming shower?? Gag me.
    Anniversary
  • Options

A housewarming shower...is a thing that doesn't exist!

You can have a shower...for your wedding.

You can have a shower...for your baby.

You can have a housewarming PARTY-wherein YOU host your guests and do not expect gifts. But, it should happen sometime soon after you move in.

This chick seems gift-grabby. DECLINE!

Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards