Wisconsin

what to wear for engagement photos

Hi all! I am having engagement photos taken in the 3rd ward. I'm not sure what to wear. I like the idea of jeans but I also want to be girly of course. Any ideas?

Re: what to wear for engagement photos

• boxcarboxcar member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Most photographers will let you wear more than one outfit! Just make sure that you wear the "girlier" one to get started and then make a quick change into the jeans mid-way through.
  • molisarmolisar member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Also try to find timeless clothes.  My engagement pix were taken almost 2 years ago and if I didn't wear simple clothes you could probably already tell they are somewhat outdated. 
    My Furbaby Baxter Photobucket
  • edited December 2011
    The photographer will usually tell you, but my photographer recommended:1- Wearing similar colors2- Wear long sleeves (so it looks nicer)3- Avoid wearing prints4- Wear more 'classic' things rather than trendy, because trends change.We ended up picking one outfit with similar colors and the one where he wore green and and I wore black.  I also brought one "just in case" outfit and let my photographer pick the outfits.Good luck!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    Jeans with cute stilettos!
  • laurenandnicklaurenandnick member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I suggest wearing something solid colored, and complementary of each other. Most of all, pick something comfortable! Our photographer had us sitting on the ground and rolling in the leaves at a park. The top I wore made me feel very self conscious.
    BabyFruit Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards