Honeymoon Discussions
Options

Marriot Frenchman's Reef St Thomas VS Westin St John

Anybody stayed at either? Let me know what you think!

Re: Marriot Frenchman's Reef St Thomas VS Westin St John

• Options
    I've stayed at the Westin. I'd recommend it just because of recommending St. John over St. Thomas. St. John is a gorgeous island with many wonderful beaches to explore. The Westin is a large property, but it's well maintained. The beach there isn't that great, but who needs that when there are so many others on the island? :) I also like being able to book a villa style room with a kitchen if you want to save money on eating out.

• Options
    Thanks for advice!!
  • Options
    I also visited the Westin Website and apparently the spa and lobby will be under construction during the time we would visit. I'm wondering how much weight to put on that in our decision making process....
  • Options
    I've stayed at the marriott Frenchmans reef. It was a few years ago so I'm foggy on the details but have the overall memory that it was just lovely. St Thomas is great, but I've heard from others that st john is better.
  • Options
    Any suggestions on where to rent a jeep? Everywhere I'm looking is $500 + for the week!!! That's crazy!
  • Options
    $500+ for the week that sounds about right for the USVI.  St John would be a little higher than St Thomas.   Some St Thomas companies do not allow you to take the car over to St John, so make sure you look at the contract.

Depending on where you stay you might only need to rent one for a day or two.  Westin is pretty close to town, you are better off taking taxis to dinners and stuff since parking is so bad in Cruz Bay.   

St Thomas town parking sucks also. If you are looking to go there you are better off taking a taxi or the water taxi that leaves right from their dock. 

You can easily rent a car for a day or two to do island tours and such.

What differentiates an average host and a great host is anticipating unexpressed needs and wants of their guests.  Just because the want/need is not expressed, doesn't mean it wouldn't be appreciated. 
  • Options
    That helps a bunch! I think that's what we'll do!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards