African American Weddings

First Venue Visits

So the FI and I did our first visits. We are hoping for a New England wedding since I am from Rhode Island. We visited 7 places in two days. I was beat! But I was underwhelmed by the first couple of places, the one we LOVED is of course WAY over budget. We narrowed it down to two, but we aren't completely satisfied, so we want to open up our search area a little more, maybe Cape Cod or Boston. 

Anyways, as we were at each venue I felt when we sat down we were stumped on questions. I think we covered the basics, but does anyone have any suggestions of other questions to ask. We asked things like, additional time (RI shuts down early), decor limitations, outside vendor options, size of tables, rain plan options (we want an outdoor ceremony) deposit and payment timeline. I still feel like I probably missed some important questions. So questions did/are you asking when venue shopping?

TLC needs to create a show called Venue Hunters cause this is no joke. Not like anything you see on tv!
hallunscripted.blogspot.com
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: First Venue Visits

• Besides asking about any additional costs for food (if provided) and alcohol (if provided) and wether or not you can have your own decor or if you have a bridal suite... Id kinda run down my day and let them know what i invision for my day and see how that helps you out!!

Lilypie - H1jI

Daisypath - MFL5

• misstira said:
    Besides asking about any additional costs for food (if provided) and alcohol (if provided) and wether or not you can have your own decor or if you have a bridal suite... Id kinda run down my day and let them know what i invision for my day and see how that helps you out!!
    this !!!

Daisypath - (PNE7)
  • I thought about the White Elephant hotel in Nantucket. FI is from Boston.
  • I need to get a better grasp of how we want the day to flow and be like. What do you mean by additional  cost for food @misstira?

I've looked at white elephant online. It's nice. @cidefi
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • LaVaH112 Like if you want to have addl appetizers or something different added to your main course

Lilypie - H1jI

Daisypath - MFL5

• Artists for Humanity 
    Lakeview Pavillion 
    Indian Pond Country Club 

Lived in boston/wellesley for 8 yrs 
  • got it @misstira that makes sense. Thanks for the clarification

@amjcwedding We visited Lakeview Pavillion, beautiful interior, but struggled with the fact that you could not use any outside vendors. They charge the linens per person, which we thought was a little odd. I can understand by table or better yet per linen. I will have to check out Artists for Humanity and Indian Pond Country Club. Thanks! 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Oh that Lakeview Pavillion is beautiful.
  • It sounds like you aren't 100% happy with your venue choices. Would it be possible to alter your date? Discount for off peak times or anything like that? I know this wasn't your question but I felt that I was in your boat a few months back. I moved mine up 2 months and to a Sunday evening in order to get the venue I REALLY wanted.
  • M1ssJM1ssJ member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    Is there an additional service fee in addition to tax
    Is there a young adult package
    Are there additional fees for servers and bartenders
    Do you require a certain number of servers and bartenders per guest number? If so will the price be inclulded?
    How many other events will be booked during our event?

577906 10151197172303105 844768324 n Follow Me on Pinterest www.shoplovelivelearn.blogspot.com Anniversary
  • @dejeankenney 8/3 is a special date for us and so 8/1 was the best day since a Monday wedding isn't an option for us. I have considered changing the date, but come back to it. I have picked up the venue search again and I am feeling better especially knowing there are some other options that are like blank canvas allowing us to create the environment that we want. 

@m1ssJ what is a young adult package? I've never heard of that. Sounds interesting. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • M1ssJM1ssJ member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    @lavah112 Young adult price is basically for the under 21 crowd that will count as an adult plate but NOT  in the alcohol count. Basically they take out the cost of the liquor.

Example:

Adult - $70 (including alchol)
     Young adult - $45

child -$25
    577906 10151197172303105 844768324 n Follow Me on Pinterest www.shoplovelivelearn.blogspot.com Anniversary
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards