May 2014 Weddings
Options

NWR Vent - Weather Complainers

So there is this girl I went to high school with in CA.  As most of you know, I live in IL now, and she now lives in Maryland.  All freaking day long she has been complaining about the snow. And how it is piled in front of her sliding glass door, and how her husband has to shovel it.  She is a stay at home mom who doesn't have to go to work in it and can stay at home with the kids in her nice warm new house.  I finally commented on one her her pictures (the one that shows the snow against the sliding glass door on her deck) and said "Our deck has looked like that for almost 2 months now.  We haven't seen above freezing temperatures in over a month, which means of the 58 inches of snow we have gotten, most of it is still on the ground."  I didn't add that it has been so cold here that the salt actually won't melt the snow.  And that parking lots currently have 20ft snow piles all over.  There are places where it is unsafe to make a right turn, cause I can't see around the snow piles. We have been in the single digits or less for so long, that when it reached 20 today it felt warm to me.  However you don't see me complaining about it on FB!  Cause here is the thing, it is all temporary.  Spring WILL come, and it will soon be all gone and things will be blooming and beautiful.  I'm really looking forward to spring this year because of the winter we have had.  Plus as "bad" as it has been here, I know that there are places out there that are colder and snowier for even longer periods of time.  Anyways, I'm done venting.  Complaining on fb of any kind really irritate me.  And yes, after this I'm going to hide her from my feed. :)
Anniversary

Re: NWR Vent - Weather Complainers

• Options
    I agree with you! My fi has been complaining about the snow here, we have liess than a fot. I told him when I was in rockford lasr week the snow was waist deep, it was like the grand canyon of snow!
  • Options
    Tell her that I'll show her around Canada in the winter, and then we'll see if she complains ;)

• Options
    @Kristen625 I also live in Maryland and can tell you first hand... most people around here are weather wimps. Schools will close if there's more than an inch on the ground, and on Tuesday schools opened 2 hours late because the temperature was below freezing overnight and some puddles froze over, LOL. The worst is all the federal government workers around here. They were FURIOUS that the fed opened 2 hours late last friday instead of closing. The roads were fine! Plus, they all went home early on Friday anyway because Monday was a holiday. Oh man, I shouldn't have gotten started about the spoiled Fed workers! Now I'm annoyed again!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I have to say I can't complain about the weather at all. I'm in SW FL and it's been about 70 during the day and 65 in the evenings. Come down and join me! I'm in a teeny house but I have lots of couches, and a screened in back deck!

The only "grrr" about weather I have is that I've ordered a lot of stuff of etsy recently (a monogram cutout to hang above the fireplace at the reception and a gorgeous gold and pearl hair comb) and none of it has arrived due to weather. I know y'all have SO much more shit to deal with so I feel like I can't legit complain, but I just want my pretty stuff!
    Anniversary
  • Options
    Ehh...I'd cut her some slack. I moved to Chicago after growing up in SC and going to college in FL. Snow is a bit of a culture shock. Especially when you are not expecting it at all and don't know how to deal with it. Even more when you are expected to go out to work in all of it and the roads are awful.

It has been above 40 today and yesterday and I cannot tell you all how happy that makes me :)
    Anniversary
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards