Wisconsin

Reviews for The Cake Lady???

I recently went for a tasting with Karen - she was fantastic and the samples were delicious.  My only problem - one of our friends used her and the cake was extremely dry.  Has anyone else had this experience? 

Re: Reviews for The Cake Lady???

• edited December 2011
    Loved her at the tasting too.... our wedding is this coming Saturday, so I can't speak to the day of yet.... will post after the HM
  • edited December 2011
    I just went to her for a birthday cake for my fiance. I told her that we were going to be looking for a wedding cake in the near future (as a heads up). The party was just this past Saturday, and I know for a fact that the cake was made fresh that week. (I have heard stories how bakers will bake up cakes and freeze them until they are needed.) I ordered red velvet and it was amazing. Everyone who had a piece made a point of saying how good it was. Of course, I am a potential repeat customer. I also worry what happens after the money is paid and the cake is delivered at the wedding. -L. J.
    Anniversary
  • runnrgurlrunnrgurl member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    What's her pricing like? I'm afraid we're going to go in for a tasting and she'll be WAY out of our budget...
  • edited December 2011
    Karen did our cake for our 9.26.09 wedding. It was great and people were raving about it all night. We had 3 flavors and did a dessert buffet with additional dessert treats to people could pick the flavor or flavors they wanted. We had a cake that served 118 people but only 70 at our wedding, and there was very little cake left over because most people had multiple pieces. Our favorite was the banana cake with chocolate ganache filling. Her cake was as good on the wedding day as the tasting. Regarding price - Our cake was about $600 for 3 different flavors, 118 servings, our anniversary cake, and some fairly detailed decorations.
  • runnrgurlrunnrgurl member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks, trickert. We just didn't want to go in and end up having her be out of our budget...didn't want to waste her time...but she seems very reasonable. We'll be scheduling a tasting!!
  • smfrancoissmfrancois member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks everyone!  She is on the pricier side - but still not bad.  she quoted us $900 to serve 300 people - half of the servings being sheet cake.  That's with pretty minimal decorations.
  • DanicaDanica member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm almost embarrassed to say how many times I have had her cake, but I've never had a dry one.  I order from her for cupcakes as well for parties and such that I host.  Fabulous and definitely reasonably priced for what you get.
  • edited December 2011
    Just got back from our honeymoon. A++ to Karen (The Cake Lady) for the cake. It was fantastic! Just as good as the day we tasted it! Recommend her 100%! Good luck!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards