Flowers
Options

Flower quotes

edited February 2014 in Flowers
   I am getting flower quotes, this week, and I needed some advice, before I speak to the florist. I know the florist will be able to help me out with a lot of questions I have, but I, also, want to go in there with a firm understanding of what I want.  I may only use my florist to do the bouquets and not the reception centerpieces. I have been thinking about going to a wholesale supplier for my flowers for my reception.  I was thinking blue hydrangeas with willow branches in the center of my centerpieces in tall vases.  My FI and I will be doing a sweetheart table.  We have 22 other tables.  3 Tables are for the wedding party (not including the sweetheart table).  
   The wedding party and I will need vases for our bouquets.  Should this be our table's centerpieces, or do you think every table deserves a centerpiece and I should have vases for their bouquets as well.  I could keep their bouquets at the table (a little bit of clutter with the centerpieces), or I could put them on a separate side table for the bridesmaids to just put aside.  My tables are rectangular and seat 8 people. The wedding party tables will have to bridesmaids at each (2 bouquets per table). So would you have centerpieces for all tables? Or would you make the wedding party's flowers their centerpieces (or will that look tacky and look like I didn't care to make their tables look special? Thanks, Ladies

Re: Flower quotes

• Options
    Typically the florist will supply you with vases when they deliver your bouquets.  Especially if you have the hand wrapped bouquets with the stems showing.  But double check with your florist on that.

I have seen at a lot of weddings where the bouquets are set up around the cake table to add some extra decoration or are used to line the head table (but since you aren't having that, that is a moot point).  You could also use them to put on either side of the bar, card table, etc.

I think for your sweetheart table you could use your bouquet as the centerpiece since sweetheart tables are smaller and there isn't much room to add a lot of decoration.

For your table centerpieces, give some thought about doing half high and half low centerpieces. You can still use the same flowers and branches (just shorter branches for the low ones) but doing the different heights adds some visual interest to the room.

• Options
    What about the wedding party's tables? Should they get a centerpiece? Or should they use their bouquets?
  • Options
    What about the wedding party's tables? Should they get a centerpiece? Or should they use their bouquets?
    I would give them a centerpiece and just use their bouquets elsewhere or just have them sit their bouquets on either side of the centerpiece.

• Options
    Thanks, Maggie!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards