Pre-wedding Parties

Dual shower, not sure what to expect

FI has a coworker/good friend who is getting married a month before us, so some ladies we all know through his work would like to throw his fiance and myself a shower, which is really sweet, and honestly I prefer the idea to having my own. I wasn't expecting any pre-wedding parties since my close friends and relatives live back west for the most part.

I've never been to a bridal shower though! I should bring a gift for the other bride- should I get something off their registry or something else?  This is kind of a durr durr what's a bridal shower? kind of post. I kind of have no idea, aside from gifts and food. Should I bring a bottle of wine or something for the party?

Re: Dual shower, not sure what to expect

• I would bring a gift for the other bride, sonething on the registry cause I'm lazy. I wouldn't bring any food for the party.

Anniversary
  • chibiyui said:
    I would bring a gift for the other bride, sonething on the registry cause I'm lazy. I wouldn't bring any food for the party.

This. Bring her a gift off of her registry and don't worry about bringing any food or alcohol. Since this party is being hosted for you as well, you don't have to be responsible for bringing any kind of refreshment.
  • Clearly my brain was not completely attentive when I read the title of this thread.

The first thing that came to mind was "Expect to conserve water." :P

And as PPs have said, it's a good idea to bring something for the other bride, as you are, after all, attending her Bridal Shower (which also happens to be yours). But don't feel obligated to get anything big or expensive (unless you just want to :) ) and leave the refreshments up to those hosting. Just enjoy yourself. :)
    Anniversary
  • Agree with a gift for the other bride, off registry is fine unless there is something more personal you would like to get her if the two of you are good friends. Also something for the hostess would be nice, but does not have to be given at the shower itself.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards