Not Engaged Yet

Confessions/ Complaints/ Judgments/ UO/ Whatever

SwazzleSwazzle member
First Anniversary First Answer First Comment 5 Love Its
edited February 2014 in Not Engaged Yet
Complaint -  I am trying to plan our anniversary trip. I had an awesome trip planned out the other day and when I asked H about it he wouldn't give me a definitive answer. Finally, last night, he told me to book it and when I went to do that this morning, I found out the price went up $1200! Thanks, H! Back to the drawing board.

I'm judging the OP of the "not engaged but hinting" thread which is probably already evident from the look on Prince's face. Also, she went back and DDed her OP (which wasn't quoted). 

Complaint - I hate when people start a thread and then just fall off the face of the earth even though people have taken the time to respond. 

UO - I LOVE THE OLYMPICS! 

Confession - I'm wearing leggings to work today. They're "thick" leggings and when I asked H he said he thought they were skinny black pants. I am SO comfortable and I think I look pretty damn cute, too.

Re: Confessions/ Complaints/ Judgments/ UO/ Whatever

• Confession - I'm subbing middle school today and a bit nervous. Middle schoolers can be crazy.

UO I'm also enjoying the Olympics.

Judgment - I judge my sisters mail carrier. She mailed our RSVP back on feb 8 and it wasn't post marked until feb 18 (it finally got here yesterday). She better not try to mail out anything important from there.

Weird thing - we have about 40 yes rsvps so far. Two are vegetarians and two are gluten allergies (among other allergies). I feel like half our guests are gonna be special needs.

Confession - I've gained weight since sending my dress to alterations and I'm freaking cause she hasn't called me back for a second fitting yet. Get on the ball lady.

Complaint- I have a serious amount of grey hairs going on lol. Luckily they look like highlights at the moment but this is going to be serious in a few years.
    I guess, to tell you the truth, I've never had much of a desire to grow facial hair. I think I've managed to play quarterback just fine without a mustache. - Peyton
  • Confession- I've been eating Dessert a lot..like a lot. I need to slow my roll on the sugar.

Confession deux- H and I decided to start carpooling to work to save money on gas and I'm really excited to see how much we save from it.

Complaints- Crazy drivers...whenever you seem to be doing something crazy, I secretly want a cop to be there to spot you but there never is! I don't enjoy basically risking my life driving next to you every morning. We are all going to work/school/somewhere...you will get there if you drive like a normal person!

• @swazzle. I'm terrified our road trip back from our wedding is going to skyrocket in price. I would book it if I actually felt like I had money but I don't. I have two jobs - I should not feel so broke

@southernpeach89 eye to eye on desserts lol
    I guess, to tell you the truth, I've never had much of a desire to grow facial hair. I think I've managed to play quarterback just fine without a mustache. - Peyton
  • Confession:  I'm with @southernpeach89 - sugar has been out of control in my life

Request: (okay so I made that one up!)  @Swazzle, please to post a picture of you looking hot in your leggings?? 

Complaint:  my skin is breaking out and it's not even close to the part of my cycle when I normally break out.  I have been breaking out more and more often and I'm scared we're going to have to mess with my BCPs and hormone levels again.

Complaint:  I thought this was going to be the year of paying off the loans, but it's actually the year of hardly paying ANYTHING on the loans.  my car needs new tires plus repairs, H's car needs repairs, both cars need some serious maintenance this year, H has to go to NM in July for a wedding, we both are going back in November for Thanksgiving (and we were going to make it into a big vacation but I don't think we can afford it so I'm going to have to probably scrap all that), and then in May of 2015. 

Complaint:  H's mom.  I typed out a buttload of complaints about her, but I don't think I have to.  some of you will just understand.

Confession:  normally I start having dreams about tornadoes in April, but I've already started having dreams about them this month.  I am afraid that I will not make it through this spring in OK.  and I feel like that makes me a total wimp, because I've grown up here and it's no big deal, we go through it every year.  but I'm already starting to have some anxiety about it and dreaming about it. 

• @Blue - USPS has been sucking royally lately. I have like 6 packages that were transferred from FedEx/UPS/DHL to USPS over a week ago and they're still not here. 

• @CocoBellaF - I will try! The bathroom in the floor I'm on now doesn't have a full length mirror (which is bullshit if you ask me!) but I'll do my best the next time I leave the desk :)

• Complaint - I hate working out sometimes.  Once I go I can get into it but getting to the gym sucks.

Complaint - H and I have to get our house ready for sale and I'm dreading this weekend.  We have so much crap that has to get thrown out and, as much as I love H, I have a feeling I'll be doing most of the packing.

Confession - I love my dog but not in this weather.  Ice + rain = slip and slide.

• Confession - I hate sales. I'm only in it for the money, and out of necessity right now. 

UO - I daydream about getting married to Q more than I should. I don't think there's anything wrong with it. I compare that to dreaming about your dream job, or dream house. It's just another part of life to fantasize about. 

@Swazzle - I judge the shit outta posters who do that too. Man up and leave your post up. You may look dumb, but you look even worse when you DD. 

@southernpeach89 - i2i regarding the desserts. We've been having ice cream before bed since like before Christmas. My pants are screaming in protest. 

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

• ShallowSeasShallowSeas member
    edited February 2014
    Confession: I'm terrified to walk outside today. When I came into work at 7:30, there was an ambulance here and they were wheeling someone out on a stretcher. 5 people had fallen on ice and was rushed to the hospital. The lady leaving when I was coming in was the 4th. Another man fell after her and landed on his back after back surgery a couple months ago. I'm clumsy and ice is my enemy, and we just got emails a little bit ago saying we all needed to go out to the ice covered parking lot and move our cars to the other parking lot so they can clear it. Great.

Confession: I have no patience for teenage boys today. Not really feeling work.

Complaint:  Not technically a complaint YET, but I received an email from DB saying my dress was in! It seems fast tho... I ordered it on the 8th and was told that it would be in June 2nd. I checked my online acct and it also says my dress is ready for pick up.  They don't open until 11 so I plan on calling them then and if my dress isnt in and this is some sort of mix up, I'm gonna be greatly disappointed and spicy about it. 12 days just seems too quick for me...

Anniversary

• @swazzle that really sucks the trip went up in price. Hopefully it comes back down again.  Did I miss an appearance of Prince? Boo

Complaint- I need spring.  Also I'm exhausted. I just want my show to open next week already. 

Confession- I would like to eat a lot of cake right now.

Confession- I really, really want that wedding ring I tried on, on Monday.  I keep thinking about it. FI wants me to have and but it's so expensive and I feel guilty for really wanting it.  I'm hoping we find something that I can be happy with.

Anniversary

• Confession- I am soo glad that my boss forgot to submit her application for this conference and all the seats filled up.  I really did not want to spend a week in CA with her and I really prefer going to conferences alone.

Complaint- I am so sick of this obnoxious winter weather.  I just can't anymore.
  • tuarceathatuarceatha member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment Name Dropper
    edited February 2014

@Blue & White said:
    Judgment - I judge my sisters mail carrier. She mailed our RSVP back on feb 8 and it wasn't post marked until feb 18 (it finally got here yesterday). She better not try to mail out anything important from there. Weird thing - we have about 40 yes rsvps so far. Two are vegetarians and two are gluten allergies (among other allergies). I feel like half our guests are gonna be special needs. 
    This made me lol.

UO: CAH is not fun. Even while drunk. I don't want to talk about sex with groups of friends and family.
    ***~* VOTE TUARCEATHA *~*** (Biggest Prude of 2014)

Confession: I've watched more of the Olympics and enjoyed it.

Judgement: I think see through shirts are super dumb. Put those away.

Complaint: If I round my current weight to the nearest 10s, I am not cool with that number. No more desserts after dinner for me.

Whatever: I'm thankful for this post. I neeed stuffs to read today.

• Complaint: I switched birth control pills this month and I've only had 4 days with no breakthrough bleeding. JUST STOP ALREADY. (I know it can take 3 months but geez body.)

Complaint: Ice. Just ice. Saw a rollover on my way to work. Winter, get it through your head. We're done with you!

Confession: I sang "Always Look on the Bright Side" the whole morning while I was getting dressed so I could start the day upbeat.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • @Peaseblossom55 - Prince made an appearance HERE.

• @CocoBellaF I know how you feel! FI and I would just like to build up our emergency savings and it seems like it was disaster after disaster in November, December, and January. It's so hard when you want to save money and put all the extra towards your debt but then life happens and your car breaks down or you have a plumbing catastrophy.

Confession: I'm up 10 lbs from my low of 194 last summer. I feel so disgusting right now and I can't seem to get myself under control this week...I haven't done any activity at all other than a 3 mile walk over the weekend. I have no one to blame but myself for my poor habits.

Confession: I love talking about my wedding plans on here with everyone...but there are some people IRL who keep asking about the wedding and I just feel super awkward discussing it with them.

Irrational Irritation: When women in my office use the center stall and then they go and spend FOREVER in there. I mean...if you're going to go sit...just choose a stall at the far end so I'm not forced into having to choose one right next to you.

UO on Facebook today: A whole bunch of my fb friends and friends of friends are all post-happy over Georgia's consideration of creating a Confederate flag themed license plate. I had ONE friend post about why it's a BAD idea for Georgia to do this and a TON of people totally got on to him about "Oh, it's a cultural historical thing" and "I choose to show the flag to represent state independence" and other bullshit and he's like..."well it's a cultural thing that was turned into a symbol of hate and violence and it's not appropriate in today's society plus it makes us look bad to the rest of the country." And then all those people completely shot him down. I honestly can't believe this is still a thing.

• labrolabro member
    edited February 2014

@severmilli12 Someone on another thread on TK claimed to be a DB sale's associate (not sure if former or current) and they said they HAVE to tell the bride the absolute latest date her dress could possibly come in or risk pissing brides off by saying it will come in earlier...but the truth is the vast majority of the time it only takes a week or two or max a month for her dress to show up. So your dress probably IS in. They must have had your size in stock.

eta I suck at spelling...

• my DB dress came in super fast, too.
  • @severmilli12 I also know of others that got their DB dress muuuch faster than they expected. Yay dresses!
  • DB Dresses do come in super quick. 

@Imhollister - The confederate flag is a big thing in my area of FL too. Although I'm not aware of FL having it as an option for license plates.

• @lmhollister I feel the same way about talking about wedding plans with people outside of TK. Like in my mind I think "Idk why I have to share!" I've become a master at bean dipping: "wedding planning is good, how are the kids, husband, wife, new job, etc?"

Confession: I'm more excited about my honeymoon than my wedding. Come on guys, it's a week in Negril, we have a two-story suite and a FREAKING BUTLER. The honeymoon is slowly creeping up to the same price as our wedding, but technically I've spent 0 since I've been applying our miles towards it. I'm sure six months from now I'll be like "WTF WAS I THINKING?"

Confession/complaint (kind of): Last night, the condom broke, I'll be pissed if I get KTFU. It's likely it couldn't happen right now, but still, come on.........I want kids, just not right now.

Confession: If I only lose like 30 lbs before the wedding, I'll be okay with that. Every MD I have wants me to lose like 60 lbs but I'm looking at pictures of me a few years ago, and I looked good 30 lbs less than I am now!

Confession: I could eat like a dozen cupcakes right now.

Complaints: I just bought some wedding shit from Hobby Lobby and the shipping was crazy.

Complaints: My mom keeps requesting songs to be played at the wedding, I need to keep reminding her that there are going to be 53 other people there than her. She obviously does not give a fuck.

Complaint: I'm trying to work on some sort of relationship with my dad, but every time I contact him, he keeps asking if I need money or need to talk to my mom. No dad, I just want to talk to you because we haven't done that like, ever.

Judgements: I judge people who back up bad ideas with "well, that happened to me too"

Judgements: I judge people that shit on other people's happiness.

Judgements: I judge people who just fucking hate on other people's lives. My MOH (who just sometimes annoys the shit out of me) is notorious for this.

UO: I thought Ke$ha looked pretty good right before she went to rehab for an eating disorder. I mean, obvs I didn't know she had an eating disorder but I was like: "shit, I'd kill for a body like that"

Wedding Countdown Ticker

image 59 Invited
    image 36 Yes
    image 2 No
    image 21 Unknown
  • SOOOO glad to hear DB's dresses come in super quick!  Now I'm in a much better mood!
    Anniversary

• @severmilli12 one of my bridesmaids dresses came in in less than a week from David's. They say two months for everything so our dress might really be in!!
  • Confession:  I am really sad that this year is the year of the big expenses, because if we had paid off the bulk of what's left on the loans this year instead of all this junk that popped up, next year would have been year of the baby.  and that's not happening.  and I'm slightly in mourning about it.  CAN'T I JUST BRING A BABY HOME AND EVERYTHING BE FREEEEEEEEEEE???
  • suzie211suzie211 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
    edited February 2014
    Confession-  I am a big ball of stress, and apparently nothing is helping it.  Work is a hot mess and my ute is still empty. Both are causing me to lose it, and I had a bit of a cry fest last night.  I'm in sales and like to say that attaining quota is best described as living or dying by the sword.  Right now I'm marching towards a slow painful death.  Stressing over occupying my uterus and keeping a job at the same time is no fun.  I need wine and a beach to myself.

Confession II- I'm tired of being the responsible one.  I'm tired of having financial talks with my financially irresponsible family.  Yes, I make good money.  No, that does not mean I make enough to take care of your irresponsibility.  I'm tired of proving shelter and money.  I'd like to save that for my future spawn.  

Confession III-  I have no desire to plan BFF's shower/bach party.  She's been a pretty shitty friend the last year, and now that she's planning a wedding she uses every chance to make a snarky comment about ideas even remotely similar to my wedding.  I get it; hers will always be better in her mind, but please stop trying to one up my wedding.  They are going to be different and neither is better.  Plus,  I have n desire to ooh and ahh over all the pics and texts she sends.  Which I'm apparently supposed to be doing.   She asked if I wanted to go on vacation with her next month.  I declined because H and I are moving forward with assistance in baby making.  It will limit when we can travel.  Her response has been radio silence.  Thanks for being there friend.  Apparently, if it's not about her it's not worth her time.

Irrational irritation- Fellow bridesmaids that ask for suggestions and return ideas with snark.   Why ask for them if you aren't going to use them anyway.  Seriously, can you just plan the parties and tell me how much and where I need to be.  Because that's looking like it will be the extent you want me for anyway.

UO-  People who feel the need to post every second of their life on FB looking happy really are hot effing messes.  Your life isn't all sunshine and rainbows.  I tend to think if you have to make it look that pretty on the internet, you really aren't that happy in real life.  Th facade is just to make you feel better about yourself.  And no, I don't want to know what you look like mid-contraction.  
    photo bridalparty.jpg
  • Confession: (@buddysmom80) I had NO idea you could shop online at Hobby Lobby. I'm in really really really big trouble now....

@TwoDimes It's so ridiculous. Apparently they are putting it up for "discussion" as a potential license plate option. Probably because of the 150th anniversary of the Civil War that we're smack dab in the middle of right now. It's such bs...yes...the Confederate flag stood for some not so bad things...like state's rights and it's historically and culturally significant...but it also represented truly horrible things like slavery and racism and then was used later by groups like the KKK who further propagated regimes of hate and oppression towards others. And that's what that flag represents for the majority of people who see it.

• Confession:  I am really sad that this year is the year of the big expenses, because if we had paid off the bulk of what's left on the loans this year instead of all this junk that popped up, next year would have been year of the baby.  and that's not happening.  and I'm slightly in mourning about it.  CAN'T I JUST BRING A BABY HOME AND EVERYTHING BE FREEEEEEEEEEE???
    Oh Coco! That's the suck! And I know this doesn't really help take the shitty away, but you are SO doing the right thing. Children are very expensive, and it will be so much better if you're comfortable financially before bringing them into the world. I hope that things turn around for the better for you and you can have a baby sooner rather than later. <3

• another Complaint (I am just Suzie Sunshine today):  my mom is spending a bunch of money and time on fixing up my brother's new house, that he couldn't even afford by himself (they already spent a few thousand dollars helping him buy it and paying all the fees).  I am jealous, because she has never shown interest in doing things like that with me (not giving money, but just doing things to decorate or whatever).  my brother has always been the special one and I am almost 30 years old and still jealous.  so, maybe this is a Judgment and a Complaint??
  • @suzie211 and Confession III:  that is so sad.  I'm sorry that she is being very self-centered right now.  :(
  • @CocoBellaF I'm sorry I hate when unexpected expenses take away from other goals and plans.  It sucks, year of the baby will be here before you know it.

Anniversary

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards