Wedding Reception Forum

OOC

Re: OOC

• I wouldn't consider a disposable camera (I'm assuming to take pictures of your wedding) or bubbles (to blow at you during your wedding) as favors. They are just little extras that give people something to do. Favors are generally a little extra thank you for coming. I know on these boards the ladies really seem to prefer something edible, but I've also seen things like candles, coasters, etc. Regardless of what the favor is, it generally isn't something to be used for the wedding.
  • I was kind of thinking the same thing, and then I thought about mini candles to send home with them.

I dont know what to do for edible besides candy. With his family, a lot of the ladies are severly diabetic and its really hard to do anything like that for them.

• You should try posting on the favors board about edible stuff. You might get better answers over there. We are personally doing bottles of wine for everyone, but I know that doesn't work for every crowd.

I have seen a lot of suggestions like local foods or homemade jam and things like that.
  • KatWAGKatWAG member
    First Anniversary First Answer First Comment 5 Love Its
    edited February 2014
    I agree that edible favors are the bests. I like Tammys suggestion about homemade goods. Do you and your Fi have a favorite Salsa? Hot sauce? jam? honey? spread? popcorn? Snack? etc
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Edible favors are the best.

And just eliminate the disposable cameras completely from your wedding.  It will cost you a lot to get them developed and you will most likely end up with only one or two good pictures.

• I wouldn't do the disposable cameras, if only because most people do have cameras in their cell phones, and the photos taken don't come out that well.

I'm also not a fan of bubbles for everyone.  For adults, they are juvenile, and while kids might enjoy them, you run the risk of the liquid spilling on tables, the floor, clothes, or other things that you don't want it to spill on.

You might try sugar-free edible favors.
  • We canned jam.

Do remember that favors are completely optional.
  • I didn't know they even still made disposable cameras. I haven't used or seen one in a very long time, so I don't think people will use those.
    What did you think would happen if you walked up to a group of internet strangers and told them to get shoehorned by their lady doc?~StageManager14
  • What?  Why in the world would I want a disposable camera or some bubbles?  I guess my cats might find the bubbles amusing.
    You were thinking of doing candy for the kids, so maybe you could do a little candy bar for everyone (adults and kids) and they fill their own bag with whatever candy they want.  You could buy the candy in bulk or something.  Or, you could just not do favours if you really want to save money because favours aren't necessary.
  • OP-Based on your posting history it seems you are trying to do this wedding on a tight budget.

If you can't afford to host people properly in the first place cut the favors completely.  Instead focus the money on hosting a full meal (or at the least a cake and punch reception at a non-meal time) for everyone involved.  As a guest I would much rather be given a good meal and have a good time then receive some shitty food and a disposable camera KWIM?

• We did cookies!

Go with Edible favors, if any. They aren't a requirement

I say get rid of the camera too. I hear they don't work

• Skip favors altogether and get some additional food besides cake and punch.  I would add some non-sweet items, like veggies and dip and crackers and cheese.  I would be much more worried about accommodating guests with diabetes at the reception than with the favors.  
  • Go edible. I'd avoid anything messy or that people will likely leave behind.

We're getting heart-shaped cookies. Simple and tasty. Plus, we can get them at a local bakery inexpensively enough to afford extras for people who love them. (Not sure if this the case in all cities but our local Mexican bakery sells great cookies for ridiculously cheap. Bakeries like this are all over the city and my fiancé's family has a favorite that's particularly accommodating.)
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards