Destination Weddings Discussions
Options

Reception/Celebration at home?

My Fiance and I are having a destination wedding the last week in November 2014, just us two. We would love to have a small party when we get home (close friends and family) to celebrate, so my questions are, how long after we return should we have the party? It will be December when we get back, so we were thinking about waiting until after the holidays, but is that too long to wait? Maybe we should schedule the party before we go and then have it the weekend after we get back? When should we send out the invites? Anyone else in this position? Any input is appreciated! Thanks!!

Re: Reception/Celebration at home?

• Options
    I am considering doing this as well, but we are not getting married until May 15 2015. We are also getting married just the two of us and are so happy that all of our parents are okay with this and are even helping us pay for the costs of the wedding. I think that if we end up doing this, we are going to plan it before we leave. We will only have immediate family and very close friends. I think I would just invite those who are close by with maybe a hand invitation with details, and mail to those of distance. If I were you I think I would probably plan on doing within a few days of getting back.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    So Fiance's parents have basically decided to pay for our wedding in Jamaica and then some. . . so now we basically have to have the reception as costs are covered. I am thinking that I will be looking into a place to have that now. . . I am wondering if I should do some form of favors, but get them while I am in Jamaica?

Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards